is anyone else having VERY slow EDGE speeds?

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
i am averaging 15kb...since i got my iphone on friday. i have done a network reset a few times...i called att and they are "looking into it" my tmobile phone speed tests are at 157kb....

major diffrence..

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
i tested my Iphone4 on EDGE last night for about an hour. in that hour, at one point, i got good speeds, i did i speed test at that point and i got 157kb, then about 1 min later..CRAWL again, and that was how it was the rest of the night, i had my tmobile HD2 on the other side of me, and it was fast as heck..

so i take it this is ATT's network? i cannot have slow speeds like this, since i cant get 3g...looks like i will have to cancel....sucks

easyrun99

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
If all i had was Edge coverage, i wouldn't have an iphone. Choose your carrier first.

Agreed...I can only get EDGE at home (3G where I work), and I love the iPhone 4, but just couldn't stomach paying for data coverage on EDGE speeds...sadly I'll wait for better coverage...

franny2491

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea the EDGE network is rubbish across the O2 network in England. They have a transparent proxy that strips out all compression and then adds some Javascript in...a bit pointless...

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
if you only have edge at home who cares?!?!? hook up to wifi and browse for free and fast! edge can still make calls just has slow data. if you get 3G every where but home where its edge just hook up to wifi!!! basics people!!!

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
if you only have edge at home who cares?!?!? hook up to wifi and browse for free and fast! edge can still make calls just has slow data. if you get 3G every where but home where its edge just hook up to wifi!!! basics people!!!

I don't get 3g anywhere...edge all the time...that's what sucks...and its slow....