Data Plan: how does pricing work?

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I returned my defective iphone 4 to AT&T yesterday, and after repeated assurances from AT&T that when I purchase a replacement iPhone 4 at the Apple store (which I did 30 minutes later) that my contract remained unchanged and that I'd still have my grandfathered unlimited data, I found that I only had the new 2gb option. The AT&T manager is going to "submit a ticket" to try to get this changed, but I may be SOL. I'll have more to say on this in a separate post about my unfortunate return experience.

Anyway, I've been going over 2gb for the last 3 months: I like to stream radio and podcasts. If I go over the 2gb cap on say, day 25 of the month, and I choose to buy more data, do I pay an additional $45, or do I pay the difference of $20? (I was thinking that $45 was for something like 5gb or unlimited, maybe, I can't remember).

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
THERE IS NO UNLIMITED DATA. If you had/have it, and keep it, it's $30/month (and rumors that they will cut you off at 5GB, but not in writing). If you don't have the grandfathered unlimited data, it's $25 for 2GB and $10 for each additional 1GB increment.

Or $15 for 200MB and $15 for each additional 200 MB increment.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Ok, thanks. I tried to keep it, but AT&T hosed me on the return/replacement. I plan on fighting to get it back.

I'm not quite sure what went on for you to lose the data plan. Why did you try to return it at an AT&T store only to go buy another at the Apple store?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234