THink i might of made a mistake..

KevvyMcD

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
yea take it back in and have them check it a cell phone should never just drop bars especially if your not touching/ moving the phone at all

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i'm sure you can get it for free you just need to complain enough. lol maybe even lie... ;-)

but you can make calls over wifi.. they have programs like vonage that let you do it and its free.

Yeah, lie to get what you want. What a great country... #fail

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
my brother in law lived right by me..i was on his bold last night with att on EDGE..and it was jsut as slow..looks like its an att thing..

too bad, but i am going to day to cancel and return the phone..sucks..i loved this iphone

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
In cases such as this, people often blame their 'phone for bad reception or strange behaviour. However, the problem is invariably with the network (in spite of what the network might say!)

The OP hasn't said if the 'phone has been checked at different locations. This should clarify if the fault is with the network.

The OP also refers to the iPhone becoming "very hot". This is certainly unusual, suggesting there may be a fault with the 'phone. Has another 'phone been checked at the same location to determine if it too exhibits the same behaviour?

These checks should narrow down the source of the problem.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
my brother in law lived right by me..i was on his bold last night with att on EDGE..and it was jsut as slow..looks like its an att thing..

too bad, but i am going to day to cancel and return the phone..sucks..i loved this iphone

That's quite the family. Living on the Edge..lol

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
i so do not want to return this phone...this absolutley sucks that i an stuck, but i cant have such a terrible internet connection, i mean my email takes FOR EVER

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been living with the horrible AT&T issues for 4 years now, its gotten A LOT better over the years, but I still drop calls. My company pays my phone bill every month so I can't really complain. My girlfriend has Verizon and she NEVER EVER drops a call or has bad reception.

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
its not the dorpped calls that is pissing me off, it is the terribly slow internet over EDGE, i mean come on 4-5 bars and 15kb sec speed test?? wtf..

at one point lat night when i was testing it, i got 147kb, but then RIGHt back to 20kb...

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
its not the dorpped calls that is pissing me off, it is the terribly slow internet over EDGE, i mean come on 4-5 bars and 15kb sec speed test?? wtf..

at one point lat night when i was testing it, i got 147kb, but then RIGHt back to 20kb...

I take it you do not have 3g coverage where your at?

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
idont know what happened, but i got up this morning, was boxing up my iphone, decided to check it, and i am getting 157k speeds now, all over town...

do you think that they found a problem or is this just because it is early in the am and no on is using the network? i am going to test all day.

BUT i am getting way better signals now, at work before i got 1 bar, i have 4 now...hummm, maybe i will get to keep it!!!!! omg i hope so

EDIT: just got off the phone with ATT, they could not tell me why it was better, but a tech is calling me later to find out if it is better and he might have info..

it is like a diffrent phone today

Last edited:

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
UPDATE: ran fine this morning, now its back to 15kb speed tests. but it only lasted about 15 min.. one other thing. when i get those crappy speed tests, my battery drains like crazy, BUT i have almost full signal...man i wonder if this is a faulty phone...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro