THink i might of made a mistake..

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
i got the new iphone4 with new att service (never had it before) last firday. i LOVE LOVE the phone, but MAN the service is soooo spotty. i mean one moment sitting on my couch with FULL signal, (not holding the phone) and the next 1 bar? WTH??

with my other carrier (tmobile) i have full bars everywhere where i live. and getting my gmail though exchange seems to take forever. it says loading and Loading for ever. it always does it..

i am thinking if this does not change, i might have to give it up before my 30 days, but i love my phone...

:(

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well you could try to get a Microcell for free. You should go in to AT&T and tell them the same thing that you had better service on T-Mobile and you may have to leave if it doesn't get any better.

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Well you could try to get a Microcell for free. You should go in to AT&T and tell them the same thing that you had better service on T-Mobile and you may have to leave if it doesn't get any better.

sorry, but what is a Microcell? i want to like this service but damn...and i am always on EDGE if that helps..i dont get 3g in my area...

whats up with my mail and "loading" always taking for ever....settings?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well EDGE is going to be very slow. Dial-up vs cable. A microcell is essentially a small cell tower you can put in your home. It attaches to your existing internet for signal.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
one moment sitting on my couch with FULL signal, (not holding the phone) and the next 1 bar? WTH??

This is NOT normal behavior for the iPhone 4. Trust me! My phone was doing this the first 24 hours but after that it stabilized itself due to me resetting network settings and rebooting the phone a few times. If you follow the same steps and still find that the bars are fluctuating wildly without moving the phone physically, exchange it with Apple.

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
This is NOT normal behavior for the iPhone 4. Trust me! My phone was doing this the first 24 hours but after that it stabilized itself due to me resetting network settings and rebooting the phone a few times. If you follow the same steps and still find that the bars are fluctuating wildly without moving the phone physically, exchange it with Apple.

i will deff try that tonight. i will also upgrage to The new Ios4.01 i have not done that yet.

i will not pay for that cell, i dont feel i should have to. do you think att will give it free if i threaten to leave?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i will deff try that tonight. i will also upgrage to The new Ios4.01 i have not done that yet.

i will not pay for that cell, i dont feel i should have to. do you think att will give it free if i threaten to leave?

Maybe, maybe not. If you are a brand new customer, I would think they would be more hesitant than if you were a long time customer... but who knows what they'll do unless you ask.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
yes i do...but that does not help the "dropped calls" issue due to no or little bars right?

I hope that zacharace was only referencing the wifi fix if you used the 3G MicroCell with it. Otherwise, wifi won't help with lack of reception.

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
just got off the phone with att, she said i had 3 towers around my house in range, and that was more then enough.. she submitted a ticket for a tech to look at the towers and see if anything is up because i found anouther issue...

on EDGE it takes FOREVER, and i mean forever to surf, and check email. i have had edge for ever on tmobile and it is fast. i mean , it took like 4 mintutes to load a attwireless webpage. my tmobile HD@, was done in like 22 seconds..

and..the iphone got VERY hot when it was surfing. all with wifi off, and 3g off ( i dont get 3g) i reset network settings, and the att rep "re-registered" my phone...still the same..i told her if this does not change, i will have to cancell..:(

do you all think i might have a faulty phone? EDGE has NEVER ever been this slow ..even on full bars..

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
"might of " ?!

What is happening to this language.

MIGHT HAVE. and if you're too lazy to type the whole thing , go with " might've ".

End of rant. :)

mpaquette

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
"Your a Prick" Should be you are a prick or you're a prick. Just saying. :)

Please don't go and get all bent out of shape, Beshad's comment made me laugh and I'm just giving you a hard time.

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
"Your a Prick" Should be you are a prick or you're a prick. Just saying. :)

Please don't go and get all bent out of shape, Beshad's comment made me laugh and I'm just giving you a hard time.

yeah i know..im just really pissed that i am going to have to cancel. my edge speeds are horrible. 15kb, its too bad..great phone..not so great service..

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
We're not suggesting you buy it but you can try to get it for free like someone said you wont know until you try. Just make sure you talk to someone in person don't ask over the phone. We don't have it here in Canada so I'm not sure but I beleive it will give you better calls via better signal strength.

Scuba629

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
i'm sure you can get it for free you just need to complain enough. lol maybe even lie... ;-)

but you can make calls over wifi.. they have programs like vonage that let you do it and its free.

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
i tested my Iphone4 on EDGE last night for about an hour. in that hour, at one point, i got good speeds, i did i speed test at that point and i got 157kb, then about 1 min later..CRAWL again, and that was how it was the rest of the night, i had my tmobile HD2 on the other side of me, and it was fast as heck..

so i take it this is ATT's network? i cannot have slow speeds like this, since i cant get 3g...looks like i will have to cancel....sucks.

how are you all on EDGE? is it ok?? or is it like me, 2-4 min for a simple webpage?

do i have a bad phone?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen