When setting up an iPhone as a new device, is it possible to get old numbers back?

kzilla

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got my iPhone 3GS replaced with a new device. The genius told me it was a firmware error and that I should not restore the new phone from a backup or I will have the same problem. So he told me to set it up as a new device and then sync it and I will get all of my info back. Well the problem is once I set it up as a new device and sync it nothing comes back except the apps. So is there a way to get my data back without restoring? Or should I just do a restore from back up?
Thanks

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Doing a restore doesn't bring over the firmware. Not sure why he told you that restoring would give you the same problem if it was a firmware problem. Try restoring from backup, there's a possibility it's still there. (It seems to be hit or miss with iTunes.)

kzilla

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
At first I thought that a restore doesn't change the firmware but aren't jailbroken phones easily restored to their original configuration by doing a restore from a backup? Doesn't that change the firmware? I take it that without doing a restore there's no other way to get the data back.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
is your phone the only place you have your contacts? on a mac, the program that can sync your contacts is called address book. a lot of other people use outlook too. I also have my contacts synced to the cloud on mobile me. there are also many other third party contact applications out there.

when you set it up as a new device you'll have to tell itunes to sync your contact info along with music and photos and calenders. make sure you have everything you want synced checkmarked.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711