What the point of making the back glass?

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
If the antennas on the outside why make the back out of breakable glass? If it had an internal antenna the i could see the point but its not.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I think a solid aluminum would have looked nice lime the first iPhone, although with no black plastic since the antenna is on the outside.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Although the "glass sandwich" looks nifty and all... I would have preferred some kind of textured material to aid in "grippiness" and so as not to be so fragile. But, that's just me...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Much less finger prints. Touch a black 3GS on the back and see how bad the phone looks from fingerprints.

mpaquette

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Because it looks sweet? After several BlackBerry's and an Eris, I'm so happy to have a phone that doesn't look like a Cracker Jack toy.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I love the glass back and front mmm but now it makes me exciting to think what the next phone will look like? I loved the first iPhone, the 3G was sweet but the 3Gs wasn't that impressive which is why I never got one.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Well see. The iGlass on the back makes the iPhone look much nicer. Also, if you ever get into an iFight, you can break off your iGlass, with iMuscles, and break it and iShank someone. Steve thought this through.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
The glass is nice. Loved the first Phone design hated the plastic on the 3G . Wich is why I waited for the 3GS. And now I love the design again with the glass.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Aesthetics. Also, there should be less fingerprints, scratches, and
should hopefully put an end to the cracks that the 3G and 3GS
would get even when in a case.

Kannon#AC

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Since it's so easy to remove the back cover, I can't wait until people start making replaceable backs in different styles.