I have set up a mail group with some 30 names in it. I have it on my Mac too. How on the iPhone can I send an email to each person without designating each individually. I have no prob on the Mac.

I must be missing something basic.

Thanks
    07-19-2010 02:23 PM
    maybe my original post wasn't clear. I want to use my "mail group" as a distribution list when forwarding or sending an email. Can this be done on the iphone as it can be on a Mac or pc with a distribution list??

Sure wish someone had an idea on how to make it work.

thanks again
    07-20-2010 10:41 PM
    There is no option by default on the iPhone to send to distribution lists. However, a quick Google search shows that cnet has 2 workarounds listed. I haven't tested either of these, but they seem like they would work. I may give the 1st one a try myself, as I'm always sending photos/vids of my baby daughter to the same family members.

CNET - No e-mail group workaround
    Workaround for no email address groups on the iPhone | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

Another workaround using copy/paste:
    How to send group emails from your iPhone — RED66
    07-21-2010 10:55 AM
    Thanks I will give them a try and let u know if it works. Apprecate the help
    07-21-2010 02:07 PM
    You can also try my Group Email! with attachments app, that is on sale at 0.99$ for a limited time (link in signature).
    08-24-2010 11:36 AM
    got mailslot and it works great. thanks for the heads up/

mike
    02-07-2011 11:59 AM
    Or, for a new approach, try MailShot.

it creates special groups that you can use in any app as though they were a single contact, so you can send any pics or attachments to a group of over 40 people as if it was a single person.

It's just launched, and free on the AppStore at the moment-spread the word.
    THAT'S AMAZING! I was just reading this thread and getting more discouraged as I went because I couldn't find a good solution to the original poster's question. This MailShot seems to be what we've all been waiting for. I'm a teacher and would love to use the email distribution list for collaborating or contacting parents. Also, I have a 17-month-old and selecting sending pics of the little man gets to be a chore at times.

EDIT: Folks should know, as I just discovered, that this only works for email addresses. Anyone know the MMS suffix for Verizon? I know AT&T's is mms.att.net
    Last edited by natefish; 02-08-2011 at 04:01 PM.
    02-08-2011 03:53 PM
    Just a note to say that MailShot is even closer to what you were asking for now.

The new version released yesterday (1.41) adds a feature to import address book groups, making it faster and easier to create contacts that can address many people at once. I hope you find it useful.

Full Disclosure: I am the developer of MailShot
    05-25-2011 07:29 AM
    Will mailshot work if you need to forward an email to a group.
    05-25-2011 09:40 AM
    Never mind. It works. And it works good.
    Solubleapps likes this.
    05-25-2011 10:02 AM
    Yes, in fact MailShot is the only easy way to forward an email to a group AND retain all of its attachments that we know of.

You import the address book group into MailShot first, this creates a contact you can use in Mail to forward the email to. Its free to download to try with a small group. Drop me a line on our support address if you need any help.
    05-25-2011 10:03 AM
    Is there a group type app for texting sending photos to contacts. I have tried group app for sms, but it not an option for MMS. Any ideas to setup group lists to send MMS type texts. Thx.
    05-25-2011 10:07 AM
    It works good.
    05-26-2011 02:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD