Email groups and distribution lists

Ticman

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I have set up a mail group with some 30 names in it. I have it on my Mac too. How on the iPhone can I send an email to each person without designating each individually. I have no prob on the Mac.

I must be missing something basic.

Thanks

Ticman

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
maybe my original post wasn't clear. I want to use my "mail group" as a distribution list when forwarding or sending an email. Can this be done on the iphone as it can be on a Mac or pc with a distribution list??

Sure wish someone had an idea on how to make it work.

thanks again

iNitvizn

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
There is no option by default on the iPhone to send to distribution lists. However, a quick Google search shows that cnet has 2 workarounds listed. I haven't tested either of these, but they seem like they would work. I may give the 1st one a try myself, as I'm always sending photos/vids of my baby daughter to the same family members. :cool:

CNET - No e-mail group workaround
Workaround for no email address groups on the iPhone | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

Another workaround using copy/paste:
How to send group emails from your iPhone — RED66

vettori

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
You can also try my Group Email! with attachments app, that is on sale at 0.99$ for a limited time (link in signature).

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Or, for a new approach, try MailShot.

it creates special groups that you can use in any app as though they were a single contact, so you can send any pics or attachments to a group of over 40 people as if it was a single person.

It's just launched, and free on the AppStore at the moment-spread the word.

THAT'S AMAZING! I was just reading this thread and getting more discouraged as I went because I couldn't find a good solution to the original poster's question. This MailShot seems to be what we've all been waiting for. I'm a teacher and would love to use the email distribution list for collaborating or contacting parents. Also, I have a 17-month-old and selecting sending pics of the little man gets to be a chore at times.

EDIT: Folks should know, as I just discovered, that this only works for email addresses. Anyone know the MMS suffix for Verizon? I know AT&T's is mms.att.net

Last edited:

Solubleapps

Feb 5, 2011
Www.solubleapps.com
Even better...

Just a note to say that MailShot is even closer to what you were asking for now.

The new version released yesterday (1.41) adds a feature to import address book groups, making it faster and easier to create contacts that can address many people at once. I hope you find it useful.

Full Disclosure: I am the developer of MailShot

Solubleapps

Feb 5, 2011
Www.solubleapps.com
Yes, in fact MailShot is the only easy way to forward an email to a group AND retain all of its attachments that we know of.

You import the address book group into MailShot first, this creates a contact you can use in Mail to forward the email to. Its free to download to try with a small group. Drop me a line on our support address if you need any help.

bigjoe2675#IM

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Is there a group type app for texting sending photos to contacts. I have tried group app for sms, but it not an option for MMS. Any ideas to setup group lists to send MMS type texts. Thx.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2