Any reason to keep the 3GS?

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I've been very happy with my 3Gs, and have had it for less than a year. Now, with the i4 being out, I recently went to check it out in person at an Apple store, and wasn't blown away, but wouldn't mind trading up.

With all the posts I see about people selling their old iPhones, I am now thinking about this too...The way I see it,

1) If I get $300 for my 3GS, I can upgrade to an i4 32gb for $599 (price I'd have to pay because I can't upgrade for a discount yet), and net out of pocket would be around $300. Or....

2) Wait till next May when I can upgrade with the discount for $299, and then sell my old 3GS, but who knows what the old phone will be worth at that time.

So, it seems I'm probably better off just selling my 3GS now, no? Or am I missing something? What do you guys think? I'm trying to figure out if there's any good reason for me to keep my 3GS till next year before upgrade.

AGreenGiant

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Being a Current iPhone user now, ATT should have set you up to upgrade now because of the release of the i4. Might want to check your update status @ att.com.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
As I understood it, AT&T only gave "early upgrades" to current iPhone users who would be eligible for upgrade before 12/31 ... basically, a six month pass for current iPhone users. My daughter and son-in-law are both iPhone 3GS users, but can't upgrade until next August. (Because of my FAN and level of spending, I will be able to upgrade again in June, from my iPhone4, before they can upgrade their 3GS).

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
If you're that happy with it, keep it. I was happy
with my 3GS as well, but I'm happier with my i4.

Also, if you choose to wait until may, you might
as well wait for the i5 (iPhone 5). If you'd
purchase the i4 then, it would be like keeping
your 3GS this year and passing up the i4.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
If you're that happy with it, keep it. I was happy
with my 3GS as well, but I'm happier with my i4.

Also, if you choose to wait until may, you might
as well wait for the i5 (iPhone 5). If you'd
purchase the i4 then, it would be like keeping
your 3GS this year and passing up the i4.

Agree...if I wait that long, I might just wait for the i5, which I hear will have an 8mp camera by then. Plus, I really want to see the white iPhone in person before purchasing...they didn't have one white one in the apple store...not even to look at.

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
>sorry can't quote at this time<

Possibly sell your 3gs and pay full price for a Ip4. loss of $300....

Or wait until may and who knows what 3gs will be worth...?

So if 3gs I worth let's say $1 next may, then you make out. $1 next may is better than -$300 today, no?

Unless of course you really want ip4

my thoughts

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Agree...if I wait that long, I might just wait for the i5, which I hear will have an 8mp camera by then. Plus, I really want to see the white iPhone in person before purchasing...they didn't have one white one in the apple store...not even to look at.

An 8mp camera? OMG. That will be soooo much better. lol

Actually other than a bump in memory, processor, better battery life, and storage...there's not much to want in an iphone 5.

Welp..actually antenna gate gives us another want. Function over form.

But most of my wants have to do with iOS.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I hear ya, but to me, the jump from 5 to 8 mp is significant because I use my camera a lot, and don't like to have to carry my 7.2mp camera in addition to my iPhone right now, so if I had an iPhone with an 8mp camera, I'd no longer need to carry the extra camera.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711