Trying to decide..

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been a long iPhone owner and ya know I really believe theres no better smartphone in the world but as of late I have been VERY weary since iOS 4.0

I had an iPhone 3GS and the day I updated the signal and bars completely went outta whack I started to get dropped calls and the signal was completely inconsistent since. I went and bought an iPhone 4 which shipped with iOS 4.0 and naturally it did the same thing plus the deathgrip..which isn't a big deal if I don't hold it with my left hand.

Well I waited patiently for iOS 4.0.1 and that 'fix' happened however the problem still remains of an inconsistent signal in a place where I get EXCELLENT 3G normally and did with my iPhones before iOS 4.0 yet now I don't. What specifically went wrong with iOS 4.0??? I'm still very curious why this is happening when before my signal was consistent except for certain network problems which was far and between.

So whats going on here? I'm very troubled on what to do because Apple has said there is nothing wrong yet I have signal issues without the death grip at all..the signal is always bouncing around and is stuck on 1-2 bars now on average and often switches to 3g to 2g back in forth. I have to decide soon because I either keep it or take it back and get something like the Samsung Captivate.

Please input is always appreciated!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have lower bars now too in many of the areas I go too. But I am betting that is what they should have been all along. The iPhone's algorithm was such that it was giving us false values. Now they have corrected it. Even with fewer bars I am not having any dropped calls or issues with data.

So that is the question, are you having dropped calls or issues with data? If not then I wouldn't worry about it. I know I am not. Phone has been working great!

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Re reading the op's post I believe that the op is having problems with dropped calls and bad data connections. Myself? I probably would return it and get another device. Not sure if this a 4.0 issue or not as I am having a good experience with 4.0. Gave my son my 3GS with 4.0 and he is not having issues either.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711