Restore?

Scuba629

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
What does a restore do? Does it usually help? Will I lose anything? Does it remove updates like 4.0.1? And about how long does it take?

CPMS

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I think doing a restore from a previous back up is the root of some of the problems. Suggest you just restore as a new phone and reinstall your apps, songs, etc. manually via iTunes. I know it's a pain in the a$$ but it helped when I did this for one of our iP4's. You could look at it as a chance to go through all the apps you have and not install the ones you don't use (we all have a lot of those now don't we ...)

Scuba629

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Well I also never owned an iPhone before. So I don't know if it will do anything for me.. Will it remove all my game data?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you restore as new it will remove everything. It will leave your iPhone like it was when you first took it out of the box. If you restore to a backup, it will make it like it was the last time you backed up your iPhone...which (as CPMS said), won't necessarily solve any problems.

Why are you considering a reset?

Scuba629

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
If you restore as new it will remove everything. It will leave your iPhone like it was when you first took it out of the box. If you restore to a backup, it will make it like it was the last time you backed up your iPhone...which (as CPMS said), won't necessarily solve any problems.

Why are you considering a reset?

Thinking it might help my data problem.. As I can have 1 or 2 bars of 3G signal but not be able to do anything on data. Then if I turn Airplane mode on and off it will find a new signal and allow me to do whatever I need.

CPMS

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Thinking it might help my data problem.. As I can have 1 or 2 bars of 3G signal but not be able to do anything on data. Then if I turn Airplane mode on and off it will find a new signal and allow me to do whatever I need.

Sounds like a trip to a Genius Bar may be in order. Hope you have a store close by.

Scuba629

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a trip to a Genius Bar may be in order. Hope you have a store close by.

I scheduled an appt for monday but I wanted to cover all my bases first. I have a store about 20 miles from me... Just hope they have another phone to give me or dont tell me to just deal with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711