Anybody else get theres for free? I picked mine up yesterday and finally hooked it up this morning. The activation site has been down for the past 2 days but it seems to be working now. Just waiting for the MicroCell to phone home and it should be working.
    07-18-2010 11:19 AM
    I wish we had this in Canada I could really use 1 in my condo. I know of 1 person who got there's for free and I've heard of others in blog articles. I think it's a cheaper resolution for AT&T to offload some of the traffic on their networks.
    07-18-2010 12:04 PM
    I haven't heard many good things about them when it comes to the handoff.
    07-18-2010 12:21 PM
    Enjoy still using your minutes and data.

AT&T still counts it as your minutes and data even tho its now going thru your own internet connection and not their core cell network
    07-18-2010 12:24 PM

AT&T still counts it as your minutes and data even tho its now going thru your own internet connection and not their core cell network
    I think the whole point is being able to enjoy using your minutes. :P When otherwise you can't get a signal.
    07-18-2010 01:11 PM
    I am an AT&T customer since 2003, got their dsl, 4 wireless lines (family plan) and home phone. Never got a letter offering me a free 3g micro cell. My signal inside my apartment is completely gone as soon as i go inside. i called customer service and even emailed then and all i got was a denial telling me that they are not aware of any promotions with free 3gmicrocell. I am completely re-thinking staying with them... the iphone 4 is the only reason i am still an AT&T customer but after reading all of these posts and other articles is making me rethink...just venting a little sorry!
    07-18-2010 02:07 PM
    I have been thinking about getting one but than I remembered, I don't have DSL. Dang.
    07-18-2010 03:37 PM

seriously? if you are at home and using a microcell obviously you have wifi. if you turn the wifi on it doesnt go against data. also of course it uses your minutes (unless you sign up for unlimited for $20). its better to be able to use your phone at home then not.
    07-18-2010 05:45 PM
    I am an AT&T customer since 2003, got their dsl, 4 wireless lines (family plan) and home phone. Never got a letter offering me a free 3g micro cell. My signal inside my apartment is completely gone as soon as i go inside. i called customer service and even emailed then and all i got was a denial telling me that they are not aware of any promotions with free 3gmicrocell. I am completely re-thinking staying with them... the iphone 4 is the only reason i am still an AT&T customer but after reading all of these posts and other articles is making me rethink...just venting a little sorry!
    I would try again, but ask to speak to a manager.

If you've reported the issue before, it should be
    no problem to get one.
    07-18-2010 08:11 PM
    I think the whole point is being able to enjoy using your minutes. :P When otherwise you can't get a signal.
    Ya but you want to pay them for the service and pay for letting them use YOUR network? lol
    07-19-2010 04:47 AM
    Call 'em and tell them as soon as that phone is available anywhere else, you're jumping ship. I think this offer is the clearest indication yet that the iPhone will be available on another network shortly.
    07-19-2010 01:36 PM
    Ya but you want to pay them for the service and pay for letting them use YOUR network? lol
    I use it all the time when I am not at home. The times I am at home, I want good service and I don't care how I get it. I had the same problem with Verizon at home. There is something about where my home is located.
    07-19-2010 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD