AT&T MicroCell

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Anybody else get theres for free? I picked mine up yesterday and finally hooked it up this morning. The activation site has been down for the past 2 days but it seems to be working now. Just waiting for the MicroCell to phone home and it should be working.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I wish we had this in Canada I could really use 1 in my condo. I know of 1 person who got there's for free and I've heard of others in blog articles. I think it's a cheaper resolution for AT&T to offload some of the traffic on their networks.

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Enjoy still using your minutes and data.

AT&T still counts it as your minutes and data even tho its now going thru your own internet connection and not their core cell network

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

AT&T still counts it as your minutes and data even tho its now going thru your own internet connection and not their core cell network

I think the whole point is being able to enjoy using your minutes. :p When otherwise you can't get a signal.

willthetech

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I am an AT&T customer since 2003, got their dsl, 4 wireless lines (family plan) and home phone. Never got a letter offering me a free 3g micro cell. My signal inside my apartment is completely gone as soon as i go inside. i called customer service and even emailed then and all i got was a denial telling me that they are not aware of any promotions with free 3gmicrocell. I am completely re-thinking staying with them... the iphone 4 is the only reason i am still an AT&T customer but after reading all of these posts and other articles is making me rethink...just venting a little sorry!

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site

seriously? if you are at home and using a microcell obviously you have wifi. if you turn the wifi on it doesnt go against data. also of course it uses your minutes (unless you sign up for unlimited for $20). its better to be able to use your phone at home then not.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I am an AT&T customer since 2003, got their dsl, 4 wireless lines (family plan) and home phone. Never got a letter offering me a free 3g micro cell. My signal inside my apartment is completely gone as soon as i go inside. i called customer service and even emailed then and all i got was a denial telling me that they are not aware of any promotions with free 3gmicrocell. I am completely re-thinking staying with them... the iphone 4 is the only reason i am still an AT&T customer but after reading all of these posts and other articles is making me rethink...just venting a little sorry!
I would try again, but ask to speak to a manager.

If you've reported the issue before, it should be
no problem to get one.

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site

Call 'em and tell them as soon as that phone is available anywhere else, you're jumping ship. I think this offer is the clearest indication yet that the iPhone will be available on another network shortly.

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Ya but you want to pay them for the service and pay for letting them use YOUR network? lol

I use it all the time when I am not at home. The times I am at home, I want good service and I don't care how I get it. I had the same problem with Verizon at home. There is something about where my home is located.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711