How much data are you using per month?

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
i jsut got my iphone4 last night..wow you guys were not kidding, what a screen. amazing.

i have the 15 a month data plan. i surf a little, use facebook app, and i use google voice for text and calls. when i am home i always have wifi on. when wifi is on, is there no data being used my att for these programs to run?

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Thank you! i am hoping by using google voice (web based) when at work with no wifi, i wont exceed my usage.

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I would be pwn3d if I had either of the new plans...

Half way through my billing cycle and I have already used 2+gb

ad1e48ca.jpg

FobBerry

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I've just got my very first iPhone (4 16GB) it's amazing. I came from a BlackBerry Bold and I don't care what anyone says it just doesn't compare to the iPhone WHATSOEVER.

I get 1GB of data but it's probably better to use wifi where necessary because it doesn't use data and it's free and unlimited, well that's what I am planning on doing.

Probably the wrong thread but I'm new to this forum...can anyone recommend some awesome apps.
I've got ninja fruit, coin dozer, ebay, facebook, my orange (as I am on orange uk), talking tom (hilarious!) etc.

I want something that's addictive and entertaining and not too expensive as I'm skinted out until payday cos I bought the iPhone :-$ couldn't help it. SO PRETTY!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! i am hoping by using google voice (web based) when at work with no wifi, i wont exceed my usage.

If you're using GV on a stock phone, it still uses your minutes. If you want free VOIP you can use GV/chat through Gmail on your computer, or use an SIP app that links your GV number with Gizmo or some other VOIP service.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, as others have said, as long as you're connected to wifi, data used does not count against your monthly allowance. Just check on your data usage occasionally, and you shouldn't have a problem.

deviladv

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
I spend most of my time between my parents house, my grandparents house, my house, and work. All four of those locations have wifi. Even still, I upgraded from an original iPhone 2G direct to iPhone 4 and with the added speed and features I jumped from less than 200 MB a month to 1 GB in august. I got the phone mid july and usage jumped to 400 MB on me for that month.

Netflix for iPhone has only been out a week and I do like to stream some video content and catch up on some movies when I have some time. If and when netflix does video out for iPhone I am sure usage will spike even higher because then I can hook the iphone to any TV where ever I go.

c0rinne

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm jailbroken on t-mobile. I've still got my $19.99 unlimited bb plan, and I won't give that up for anything, lol.

Luckily, I can use wifi when I need to do serious browsing, which isn't often.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I really don't use that much 3G data. I work from home and I am almost always on wi-fi. When I am out and about my data use is pretty small. Things like checking into Foursquare or doing status updates on FB or Twitter. All that said I am still not going to give up my unlimited plan for the simple reason that I would not be able to get it back. If ATT offered it even at a higher price point I might consider downgrading for now and then going back to it at some point in the future if I needed to.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
My Cycle just ended on the 27 and I used 2,053,247 last month. Now that I have net flix, if I can get it running right on 3g I expect it to sky rocket.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ok24