While in the text messages, the SMS, is it possible to hide the keyboard after you type a reply? Ive always had to back out of the message and then select the thread/msg again to see the convo without the keyboard, and I think thats the only way to get rid of the keyboard ... Unless there's a trick I don't know about?
    07-17-2010 01:49 AM
    You can always hit the "edit" button. That's the only other way I know how to.
    07-17-2010 02:06 AM
    That does nit work for me. After I hit edit then cancel it goes right back to the keyboard.
    07-17-2010 02:18 AM
    That does nit work for me. After I hit edit then cancel it goes right back to the keyboard.
    Same here, edit key only moves it till you hit cancel.
    07-17-2010 02:23 AM
    As far as I know there is not a way to do what your asking besides a work around.

Sometimes I type my longer responses in notes then copy and paste. Much easier to edit. And I hate that double finger scroll thing. It just doesn't work well.
    07-17-2010 02:34 AM
    No, there isn't, besides going back and re-entering the conversation. It's funny because every other third-party messaging/IM app allows you to tap the messages field to drop the keyboard, but Apple's own texting app never had this feature. :P
    07-17-2010 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD