Presumably Apple will take some steps in the manufacturing process to eradicate the antenna problem, so if you take them up on their offer to return your phone now, and then wait a few months, then get a new phone and contract, you will have a new phone without the problem? What do you think?
    07-16-2010 03:03 PM
    Sounds like what everyone else is thinking. The only thing there, is you are without an iPhone for a few months. I could not live without mine for ten minutes let alone a few months.
    07-16-2010 03:25 PM
    Who says they're in progress of improving the phone? who says anything will be different internally or externally? no one said that, just because it ends sept 30 doesnt mean some magical new design is coming out, you're assuming way to much bro.
    07-16-2010 03:27 PM
    Well I waited a long time to upgrade my 2G phone, but I use the death grip as my normal hold, so its causing me a problem. No-one has said that they will fix it, but I can't believe that they won't try and fix it. I know a bumper would help, but having waited so long for my new phone I would be most unhappy to find that there is a replacement/fix just a few months away, and I have a two year contract. I still have my 2G and I think I would rather wait for new version.
    I know that the shops bought users "old" 3GS on launch day, they are the people whow would definitely be the losers as they would have no back up.
    07-16-2010 03:37 PM
    Dodgey analysts and websites masquerading as news outlets that have previously acted as moth pieces for questionable equity research say so.. ones that were started by some loud mouth on CNBC.
    07-16-2010 03:37 PM
    People still watch CNBC?
    07-16-2010 03:41 PM
    great pick for title of this thread, real classy.

I don't see them doing anything like this. They stated what they wanted to do, and are going to do.
    07-16-2010 03:46 PM
    great pick for title of this thread, real classy.

I don't see them doing anything like this. They stated what they wanted to do, and are going to do.
    Great (dirty) minds, think alike
    07-16-2010 03:47 PM
    Who says they're in progress of improving the phone? who says anything will be different internally or externally? no one said that, just because it ends sept 30 doesnt mean some magical new design is coming out, you're assuming way to much bro.
    You are correct, the only thing I see them saying is that you won't be able to get a free bumper after Sept 30th.
    07-16-2010 04:09 PM
    You are correct, the only thing I see them saying is that you won't be able to get a free bumper after Sept 30th.
    yeah thats true but i would assume that they would think about a permanent fix. now the question is this: does the white iphone coming late july have the same antenna problem or is fixed?
    07-16-2010 05:04 PM
    Having thought about this a bit more, IF they do release a new version with the antenna problem fixed, then they are going to get a lot of phones being accidently broken to swap them for the new version. BUT maybe they are happy with that, it gives them time, which is what they need right now.
    Having re-read my thread title, I can see why some people may have been lured here expecting a different conversation. Please accep my humble apologies
    07-16-2010 05:44 PM
    Since Jobs flat out said they hadn't found any "fix," I expect the white ones to be identical to the black ones as far as usage. So some will be problematic ... and some won't.
    07-16-2010 06:09 PM
    X2!!! But a lot of people are doing the same.
    07-16-2010 06:11 PM
    Actually, having seen the same process repeated in other smart phones and the fact that my phone runs fine- I don't see them trying to redo this phone when they're probably working on next year's phone.
    07-16-2010 06:34 PM
    Just fix my proximity sensor and I will be happy. I always cover up, especially for the backdoor recall.
    07-16-2010 07:08 PM
    Having thought about this a bit more, IF they do release a new version with the antenna problem fixed, then they are going to get a lot of phones being accidently broken to swap them for the new version. BUT maybe they are happy with that, it gives them time, which is what they need right now.
    Having re-read my thread title, I can see why some people may have been lured here expecting a different conversation. Please accep my humble apologies

I know if you return your phone with At&T within a year they give you a refurb phone and not a new one.
    07-16-2010 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD