Are you happy with Apple's Bumper solution!?

Are you happy with Apple's "solution" ?

• Yes , great idea!

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • H3LL No! This isnt a solution, its just hiding behind covers !

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • Its ok for now, But I feel tricked

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • I was hoping for recall, but this will do for now

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • No! I am returning my iPhone 4 !!

Votes: 5 5.2%

• Total voters

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Not at all. Jobs spent too much time spinning and spreading FUD... and despite thinking the iPhone4 is a beautiful design, Jobs' solution is to cover up that beauty? Not really happy about the outcome of this presser.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
This may be a good temporary solution in their eyes, BUT this will definately hurt their image and the consumer trust.
Come next June/July , the 5th generation iPhone will suffer tremendously in pre-sales , due to the fact that people will wait for the "1st batch issues " to be addressed.
Then again, we just saw how they addressed this major flaw , so who knows......

AGreenGiant

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as how I have not experienced any signal strength loss or proximity sensor issues, I love the fact I get a free case. Thank you all who cried, moaned, groaned, and complained. :) Besides, the case offers protection from damage to the "beautiful design."

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I can't vote since none of the options really state my opinion.

It's not a "solution" and saying that only .X% of customers called to complain about this the only data point they should look at when thinking about impact. Not everyone calls CS. Looking at dropped calls is only part of the "impact" since some people can't even make calls when the signal drops too far.

It's something to appease the masses, but IMO they need to do something to get Consumer Reports off their back and onto a recommended list, since that will impact their eval with the "Joe Blow"/non technical community.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I can't vote since none of the options really state my opinion.

It's not a "solution" and saying that only .X% of customers called to complain about this the only data point they should look at when thinking about impact. Not everyone calls CS. Looking at dropped calls is only part of the "impact" since some people can't even make calls when the signal drops too far.

It's something to appease the masses, but IMO they need to do something to get Consumer Reports off their back and onto a recommended list, since that will impact their eval with the "Joe Blow"/non technical community.

Totally agree with you on this. ^^^^^
The calls have no reflections as to how many people actually have this problem, simply because most people who have the problem, didnt call apple, cause they knew it was a known issue, waiting for a SOLUTION!
I can guarantee that if every single one of us would go to Apple/AT&T and ask for a full refund, THEN we would see an ACTUAL fix , when Apple is stuck with thousands of returned iPhone 4s!

a quick question:
If one decides to do an exchange at an Apple/AT&T stores , will they give you a brand new unit or a refurbished one,,, and how do they actually determine if you have problems, or is it "no questions asked" policy ?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Not at all. Jobs spent too much time spinning and spreading FUD... and despite thinking the iPhone4 is a beautiful design, Jobs' solution is to cover up that beauty? Not really happy about the outcome of this presser.

Agreed, I am happy that they are at least giving the bumpers away and refunding those that have already purchased them. But the fact is this does not address the real issue. This is just a work-around for what is a clear hardware issue.

I do think a lot of folks will accept it though without returning their phones. I thought about returning, but what are my options really? Go back to my 3GS, which I have already given to my son? Consider Verizon with a Droid? I just don't think I'd like the Droid as much as my iPhone and Verizon has gaps in coverage here. While AT&T isn't great or perfect, they are the best options.

I also believe this problem has not been reported by a lot of folks awaiting and assuming Apple would fix the issue. So, the reported number is likely not accurate and I still remain convince it is much higher.

Last edited:

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Jeez, some whiners are just impossible to please. Jobs proved that this is all but a non-issue yet still promised a $30 case/bumper to all iphone 4 users and you all are still whining.

I say kudos to Steve and Apple. They've proven, yet again, that they have the greatest customer service.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Jeez, some whiners are just impossible to please. Jobs proved that this is all but a non-issue yet still promised a $30 case/bumper to all iphone 4 users and you all are still whining.

I say kudos to Steve and Apple. They've proven, yet again, that they have the greatest customer service.

Yeah everyone that disagrees with your opinion are whiners! Where do you people come from that everyone with an opposing opinion are just whiners! GROW UP!

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site

Jobs proved nothing! ;) Yep we may have interrupted his Hawaii vacation, but guess what, without US the consumers , he wouldnt have this vacation !

Whining!? How about Apple stays on top of things and provides us with what we are used to from them : TOP NOTCH QUALITY! Dont forget we are PAYING customers ;)

While Apple measures this by " number of people calling in", I bet you will see a clear reflection of the true numbers, now that many people will return their units after this poor so called solution!

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Its like if Sony would sell you a TV but tell you to put a rubber cover around it to get a better reception,, how many of you would accept that as an actual SOLUTION !???

pkang

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

Lol it doesnt cost job $30 bucks for that case, its probably a fraction of a cent to get those manufactured...alittle exaggeration of course but still its not $30 he is giving away.

See it this way...instead of a hardware recall, he is simply saying stick 5 cents worth of plastic to your phone which will save me money and time and you will think better of me.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
what more do you want? Do you want him to personally come to your house and give you a hug, tell you he's sorry for selling a product that is inferior to none?

I'm not the one that needs to grow up. those of you who constantly complain need to. If someone were to come on to this board and just read these threads, they'd think that 90% of all iphone 4's are nothing but useless bricks but in reality it is far and way the best smartphone on the market today. And on top of that, apple went above and beyond normal expectations to ensure customer happiness. Jobs had every right to simply go out on that stage, give the facts and drop the microphone- flipping the bird to the audience while he walked offstage. He didn't though. He did something to try and appease the petulant little brats out there- all of which apparently post on this board. But that won't make you happy, because nothing makes you happy. You apparently live to wallow in your own misery over a non issue.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Lol it doesnt cost job $30 bucks for that case, its probably a fraction of a cent to get those manufactured...alittle exaggeration of course but still its not $30 he is giving away.

See it this way...instead of a hardware recall, he is simply saying stick 5 cents worth of plastic to your phone which will save me money and time and you will think better of me.

the manufacturing cost is a moot point. the bumper is listed at $30 retail, so regardless of what it cost to produce, that's $30 out of his pocket. So, yeah, it did cost him that much.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Its like if Sony would sell you a TV but tell you to put a rubber cover around it to get a better reception,, how many of you would accept that as an actual SOLUTION !???

You act like this problem is Apple's alone. It is proven that many smartphones have the same problem.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
what more do you want? Do you want him to personally come to your house and give you a hug, tell you he's sorry for selling a product that is inferior to none?

I'm not the one that needs to grow up. those of you who constantly complain need to. If someone were to come on to this board and just read these threads, they'd think that 90% of all iphone 4's are nothing but useless bricks but in reality it is far and way the best smartphone on the market today. And on top of that, apple went above and beyond normal expectations to ensure customer happiness. Jobs had every right to simply go out on that stage, give the facts and drop the microphone- flipping the bird to the audience while he walked offstage. He didn't though. He did something to try and appease the petulant little brats out there- all of which apparently post on this board. But that won't make you happy, because nothing makes you happy. You apparently live to wallow in your own misery over a non issue.

Clearly you would think differently, had you been one of the "victims" of the antenna issue.
A hug is as bad a bumper.
How about an actual research , repair and recall!??
How about securing their future in this tough market. You really think that people gonna blindly pre-order the 5th Gen iPhone next summer? Apple will pay dearly for this , because CONSUMER TRUST is a do or die in this business.

If your phone is working flawlessly, great ! Feel lucky. But dont come in here and try to force your opinion to us and tell us how we should feel ! Just enjoy your luck and move on ;)

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
You act like this problem is Apple's alone. It is proven that many smartphones have the same problem.
First of THIS problem is an iPhone 4 antenna issue. Also , I dont give a rat's ass what other smartphones do or not. I chose iPhone cause of quality! And if they brag about the new system while people cheer at the confrence a month ago, then today they say that "problem isnt that bad, cause iPhone 4 is only 1% WORSE than 3GS"... come on ! They admit that their new technology they bragged about, is WORSE than what we bought a year ago!

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Jobs proved nothing! ;) Yep we may have interrupted his Hawaii vacation, but guess what, without US the consumers , he wouldnt have this vacation !

Whining!? How about Apple stays on top of things and provides us with what we are used to from them : TOP NOTCH QUALITY! Dont forget we are PAYING customers ;)

While Apple measures this by " number of people calling in", I bet you will see a clear reflection of the true numbers, now that many people will return their units after this poor so called solution!

Were you asleep during the press conference, or were the numbers too hard for you to understand? It was shown that many of the phones out on the market show the same problems. the phone drops less than one percent more calls than the 3GS. But to listen to you people, you feel like you won the lottery if you can actually get a call to connect.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR