Are you happy with Apple's Bumper solution!?

Are you happy with Apple's "solution" ?

• Yes , great idea!

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • H3LL No! This isnt a solution, its just hiding behind covers !

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • Its ok for now, But I feel tricked

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • I was hoping for recall, but this will do for now

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • No! I am returning my iPhone 4 !!

Votes: 5 5.2%

• Total voters

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Im more concered about our resale value next year IF they come out with 2nd gen iPhone 4s after september without issues !

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
"Just return it." Doesn't refer to everyone. The point of that is, if you have that big of an issue with something you bought, return it, no one is forcing you to keep it. It's up to the user. I personally, as I've said, put a case on everything anyway, so I have no problem with Apple's "Solution".

i agree with you 100%. If you are truely so upset that all they are doing is giving a free case then bring the phone back and get your money back. If you are invested enough into the ecosystem with apps and music (i believe DRM is not there any longer btw) then get a 3GS until the iPhone 5 comes out.

I don't get why people have to come online and keep crying after the free case deal. If its not good enough stop wasting part of your 30 days sobbing about how "mean steve is" and go get your damn $200+ back!

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Im more concered about our resale value next year IF they come out with 2nd gen iPhone 4s after september without issues !

If Apple produced a model with a different part that fixes the issue, then surely to God, Apple's next move would be to offer us the option of booking it in for repair and having the part swapped out?

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
If Apple produced a model with a different part that fixes the issue, then surely to God, Apple's next move would be to offer us the option of booking it in for repair and having the part swapped out?

Doubt it, cause they gave us free bumpers, remember? :)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Jeez, some whiners are just impossible to please. Jobs proved that this is all but a non-issue yet still promised a $30 case/bumper to all iphone 4 users and you all are still whining.

I say kudos to Steve and Apple. They've proven, yet again, that they have the greatest customer service.

THIS.

1000x THIS.

In fact, Jobs could've introduced the iPhone 5, now available at $0 on contract, with 128GB of space, and given a free one to every iPhone 4 owner, and I guarantee these people would all still be whining.

marketsqhero

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Did Apple fail with this model?

Absolutely. 100 million dollars in research labs got you worse reception of all phones in weaker signal areas!

Sorry, that's totally incorrect. I live in a very weak signal area, I couldn't make or receive calls in my house with either my 3G or 3Gs.

I have NO problems with my 4, I can make and receive calls, yes I need to be careful where I hold it, but I'll take that anyday over not being able to make calls at all with the previous 2 models.

That proves to me at least that this phone has improved reception due to the external antenna design.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, that's totally incorrect. I live in a very weak signal area, I couldn't make or receive calls in my house with either my 3G or 3Gs.

I have NO problems with my 4, I can make and receive calls, yes I need to be careful where I hold it, but I'll take that anyday over not being able to make calls at all with the previous 2 models.

That proves to me at least that this phone has improved reception due to the external antenna design.

Exactly... And all the speed tests I've seen confirm my belief that the phone actually gets much MUCH better reception than the 3GS, 3G, or 2G ever did. The only time the reception is worse is in weak coverage areas, while the 'deadspot' is being covered.

reemas

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
In fact, Jobs could've introduced the iPhone 5, now available at $0 on contract, with 128GB of space, and given a free one to every iPhone 4 owner, and I guarantee these people would all still be whining.

I guarantee you're wrong. I'm pretty sure no one would complain if they got what you just listed.

Last edited:

iLurk13

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
When I first received the phone and used it, without knowing about the so call antenna problem, I called several people immediately and some were local and some were long distance. My mom lives about 400 miles away in SoCal, and we talked for quite awhile and the reception was much better than my 3GS, I'd say more clear than before. So my initial impression was that it has improved reception.:p Plus at my place the signal bounces around, some places are 5 bars and other parts of the house are 1-2 bars. I was walking around cupping it in my left hand, you know the so called "death grip", and covering the spot with my palm and the called never faded or sounded distorted in any way.

After learning about the problem, I still do not have any problems with voice or data other than the data speed sucks in the Bay Area. With my 3GS, the speed test came back at 1.2 Mbps :( After getting my 4 the speed is still the same. :( I'm keeping mine. And I bought the bumper on release day so I get the refund!:D But if your not happy I would say return it. If your in it for the resale value well then that's just wrong. I believe that Apple will fix it if there is a hardware change. It's only been 3 weeks so in a month they should have done troubleshooting and testing, plus get more data to make the right decisions for the fix.

I am satisfied for the moment with the bumper solution. I gonna wait to see what happens. All in all if you can't take it then GTFO!

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
An "I couldn't care less" option should be added to the poll. I've been
just fine with my iPhone 4. Whatever they did, I was going to be fine.

stanjeff

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I"m just fine. Bought a solid case to protect the phone. Works well. Jobs did well in promising the bumpers. Remember, you can still return the phone and get your refund. So stop complaining.

chesterhound#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Nothing against the iP4, but the antenna issues were one of the reasons I went with the iP3GS. It seemed as though there were too many problems with the iP4, almost as if Apple rushed to bring it to market and overlooked some of the quality they are known for. Just my $.02.

chesterhound

Relznuk

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
There was an issue, Apple resolved in an effective way. Would you really have wanted to drive Apple's prices up by demanding an un-necessary (and very expensive) recall?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro