BigBen999

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi, does anyone know how to access the colon: button in email set up?

My ISP, NTL/Virginmedia, has altered it's settings which compels you to put "recent:" in front of your email address to access your email on all appliances that you use.

I cannot find : on my iphone set-up.

deeddawg

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Odd.

Try this workaround: Since it looks like copy/paste works in email address entry, why not type it in via notepad or similar and copy it, then go to the mail setup and paste?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Are you saying that while typing something in you email set up that you cannot press the "123" button to access the colon button?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Are you saying that while typing something in you email set up that you cannot press the "123" button to access the colon button?

You can, but the colon isn't there. I had the same problem when wanting to add a comma. My workaround was deeddawg's suggestion - typing the comman somewhere else, copying, and pasting it where I wanted.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Shouldn't it be there? Isn't that a glitch that maybe a restore would fix? I just went to my email settings and all the buttons seemed to be there (although I just glanced). Just wondering.

deeddawg

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
specifically go into the email address field in the email setup and see if you can type a colon. I couldn't on my 3GS running iOS4.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
You are absolutely correct. It does not have the option. That is odd. Well at least there is a workaround

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro