Persistant WiFi gone with 4.0.1?

XyresicPsych

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Right but when iOS4 was released it introduced persistent wifi, and it worked for me, when I took the iPhone out of sleep it was already in wifi but no longer.

EDIT - confirmed on both Apple's website and a chart on pocket-lint.
Can't post the links as I don't have 10 posts, but I do know for certain it worked on 4.0 and there is proof of it.

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Ha. I never noticed. I have 4.0 ( not 4.0.1 yet ) and watch my wifi turn off and on with sleep/wake. I wonder if it's a setting somewhere.

XyresicPsych

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
From apple's site -

? Persistent WiFi connection to receive push notifications*

Then, at the footnotes,
* Requires iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPod touch 3rd generation.

As I said, can't post links but if you google "what will you get from ios4", it's the first link, shows persistant wifi on 3GS, 3G, 4, 3/2gen touch.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
question:

if persistent wifi IS working for you: did you do a clean start, rather than a restore?

if it IS NOT working: did you do a restore from backup, rather than a clean start?

bste

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
As long as you know you have wi-fi, how about if you have Wi-Fi "on" in the network settings, and turn cell data and 3G "off" in the settings. The phone then can't revert to 3G. You'll have persistent wi-fi, even if it's because of the settings (of course, you'll need to go into your settings and turn cell data and 3G "on" when you want or need them). [Iphone 3G, ios 4.0.1 here]

Last edited: