Analyst Claims Design Fix for iPhone 4 Signal Issue Being Deployed

MrFadedGlory#IM

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my iPhone 4 on 7/7/10 in an at&t store and they said 7-10 days. Ive checked the status and its still on back order. I would have to wonder if any of this has to do with the delay. Cant wait for tomorrows press conference

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
If Apple confirm tomorrow that there is a new version of the iPhone 4 due out, without the reception problem, and they don't offer existing users a free exchange, I'll be exercising my 30day money back guarantee I think and ordering a new one when they're out in the wild.

MrFadedGlory#IM

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
If Apple confirm tomorrow that there is a new version of the iPhone 4 due out, without the reception problem, and they don't offer existing users a free exchange, I'll be exercising my 30day money back guarantee I think and ordering a new one when they're out in the wild.
I would think that if this is all true that they would definitely offer existing owners a free exchange for an updated model with the hardware antenna fix;)

alexberry

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I would think that if this is all true that they would definitely offer existing owners a free exchange for an updated model with the hardware antenna fix;)

I think they'd be legally obliged to offer it to existing customers. They might even have to meet demand from existing customers prior to supplying new customers...

This might explain the 3-week lead time on iPhone 4; both UK and US stores.

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I think this is what we are going to see Apple do .. I have thought this is the way they would approach this since the problem first happened ( i have posted many times saying that i think they will add a non conductive coating to the attena band) ..

Maybe thats wasn't the best way and actually using some sorta insulation inside worked best i dunnno... I have not had any problems with my i4 ( had it since June 23 ) , but have a lot of friends that are having lots of problems ..

We shall see tomorrow morning what the deal is ...

Fresh1

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site

I agree 100%. But, I imagine they will opt to offer a free exchange to those who are having reception issues...and there will be a huge shortage of phones to issue as replacements.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
they better offer us a free exchange! im deployed with the military now for a short priod and when i return home i want a new/fixed phone! i cant return it either cause i will be gone during that 30 day return window. i do have my orders though so they cant pull the past-30 day b.s. i love the phone but the reception issue and proximity issue is annoying. i just want it fixed.

oh and if they replace my phone what about my $20 invisible shield i purchased? now i get to eat that cost too? dang this is frustrating!

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

Theres no way they wouldnt take care of all those with iphone already first. I suspect those waiting for one will get even further bumped back!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If this pans out to be true, I have a lot of faith in Apple to take care of those of us that already purchased these phones, rather it is through an exchange or in-store repair. This certainly adds a lot of interest in the press conference slated for tomorrow.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Look on the bright side man, at least you'll get a near-perfect phone. I've learned a good lesson this year. Being first isn't everything.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods