Transferring purchases from my work computer to iphone

Salil

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Hello,
I recently purchased a song on my iTunes on my work computer. I sync with my home computer. When I try to sync my iTunes with my iPhone it warns me that it will delete all my songs on the iPhone. How do I circumvent this problem and transfer my purchase from my iTunes to iPhone.

j_squared

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Can you select the manually manage the information when you connect to your work computer? You need to be using the same itunes id, then you have to authorize the computer. I think that should do it.

Worst case report a problem and redownload the song at home or your iPhone.

Salil

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I can manually sync but when I do that will it just add the songs I have selected or will it erase all the songs I have on my Iphone first?

Rock48nj

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
It won't delete your library if you turn on the manually manage option with your home computer... but it Will if you adjust thats setting while connected to your work computer. It will warn you first though even after checking the box.

With the iPhone, even in manually manage mode you can not transfer songs from more than one computer to the phone.

Is your work computer a laptop? or your home comp? A work around is to turn on home sharing transfer the song from one comp to the other and synch with your phone.