View Poll Results: IOS 4.0.1 is out do you see the difference

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 78.79%
  • No

7 21.21%
    Wow - what a joke. Installed it on my 3 GS. Why? I don't know. I always need "the latest".

Anyway - went from a solid 5 bars, down to three. If this actually "fixes" anything, maybe we can have Apple make the battery meter drop slower. Make the battery last longer.......

Or not.

Larry
    we were told this is what was going to happen before they did it they didn't hide this anywhere
    07-15-2010 05:55 PM
    we were told this is what was going to happen before they did it they didn't hide this anywhere
    Oh absolutely. I agree 100%. But to tie this to the issue at hand, as a solution to the iPhone 4 antenna issue, is.... well strange. I certainly have no objection to a more accurate meter -NO problem there.

But ..... The idea seems to be that now, instead of dropping from 5 bars to "SEARCHING", it will go from a more accurate 2-3 Bars to "SEARCHING". I'm just not sure how that solves any antenna issues they have with the iPhone 4.

We'll see what they say tomorrow.

Larry
    07-15-2010 06:07 PM
    New bars...yeah, so what?

For the record, my cheek put five calls on "mute" today...after the update!!

So, proximity sensor isn't fixed.
    07-15-2010 06:10 PM
    Oh absolutely. I agree 100%. But to tie this to the issue at hand, as a solution to the iPhone 4 antenna issue, is.... well strange. I certainly have no objection to a more accurate meter -NO problem there.

But ..... The idea seems to be that now, instead of dropping from 5 bars to "SEARCHING", it will go from a more accurate 2-3 Bars to "SEARCHING". I'm just not sure how that solves any antenna issues they have with the iPhone 4.

We'll see what they say tomorrow.

Larry
    it doesn't fix the issue as I personally didn't think it would its def a hardware problem and no amount of software tweaks can possibly fix that I just want apple to come clean about it and quit denying that its a problem
    07-15-2010 06:12 PM
    New bars...yeah, so what?

For the record, my cheek put five calls on "mute" today...after the update!!

So, proximity sensor isn't fixed.
    That's disappointing to hear. Just curious.....have you restored as a new phone yet?
    07-15-2010 06:17 PM
    Here's something I just noticed. When the alarm goes off now while the phone is locked, the only option you get is "snooze." Which is much better. That way you can't accidentally hit "ok"
    07-18-2010 11:29 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD