Press conference Friday

rheng

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
Speculation is they have already incorporated some production changes. I read a post that the writer's first iP4 had a gap between the two antennae segments. His fingernail could "click" in between. His replacement was smooth like there may have been some coating and had no reception issues at all. My unit I received on Tuesday of this week is smooth. So if newer production has the fix without admitting any mistakes, then Sept 30th is just a date by which the dust should have settled.

No proof, just speculation.

Mac

mine is also smooth but i too had antenna issues...

but im probably going to apple store to get a bumper. Should hold me over until some better cases get released, plus it's going to be free ^_^

McIPhone

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

but im probably going to apple store to get a bumper. Should hold me over until some better cases get released, plus it's going to be free ^_^

Thought I heard you could order your free bumper (or alternative case) on Apples website next week.

LaPs

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site

Would you mind snapping a photo, I'd like to see this...?

rheng

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
Would you mind snapping a photo, I'd like to see this...?
yeah, i'm not 100% sure mine is the "smooth" one, but, the antenna gap on mine isnt able to be felt, i'll compare it to one of my co-worker's phones who got his on launch day.
Thought I heard you could order your free bumper (or alternative case) on Apples website next week.
i think they will give you a rebate if you bought one already.

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
yeah, i'm not 100% sure mine is the "smooth" one, but, the antenna gap on mine isnt able to be felt, i'll compare it to one of my co-worker's phones who got his on launch day.

i think they will give you a rebate if you bought one already.

yeah they are supposed to refund your money if you already purchased one. They will post more information next week the way i understood it. so I went ahead and ordered one. Looks like I did it quick enough as the bumper case is no longer available for sale on the website.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It is with the phone. I have an i4, my wife has an old Motorola L7 dumbphone. We are both on AT&T. In a weak signal area, if she has two bars, I have none...i.e. no service. I can make calls with my wife's phone while I can't do squat with mine. I can reproduce this in any area with a weak signal.

In a area with a strong signal, I might drop a couple of bars but I can still make calls.

I know there are phones with problems I'm not saying there aren't I was just saying I don't think it's all phones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal