their current iPhone antennas due to hard-
ware, then I don't see how saying "we effed
up" is really going to help IMO.

How about the majority who do not have an
issue with it... admitting there is a problem
may put thoughts in their heads as well. I
don't have an reception/antenna issue, so
how about us?

Why is denying it so important when you have people constantly testing it and proving they are aren't be honest. From a consumer point of view, I'd prefer them to just acknowledge it and then give some solution for it.

If you aren't having the issue, then why would you care that they admit it, if you aren't being impacted. You just don't need to worry about applying the solution.

So, you are advocating that they should just continue to lie?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
But why do they need to admit it? A lot of
people seem to think admitting it will help
the issue. If people are having issues with

how about us?

its principal when someone messes something up they should admit it not lie about it it wrecks there image as a company

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
When did they lie?

What exactly have they said that could be considered a lie?

When your CEO tells you that it is just the way you are holding the phone, failing to acknowledge what has been repeatedly proven over and over, then you are majorily in denial or lying.

If it makes you feel better to say they are in denial then so be it. I think otherwise.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
But why do they need to admit it? A lot of
people seem to think admitting it will help
the issue. If people are having issues with

how about us?

Because it doesn't matter if you or the majority doesn't let this issue bother you. The fact remains that this has gone mainstream and is a problem for Apple.

Most PR experts will say admitting the problem is the first obvious step. There's nothing worse than for those having the problem to see a company just ignoring or denying it.

The next obvious step is offering a suitable solution. Of course noone but Apple has a clue what that might be. But i would think that Apple would want to go beyond "suitable" (but not a recall) so as not to cause any further damage to their ONE brand that is worth billions.

marketsqhero

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
When your CEO tells you that it is just the way you are holding the phone, failing to acknowledge what has been repeatedly proven over and over, then you are majorily in denial or lying.

If it makes you feel better to say they are in denial then so be it. I think otherwise.

This is what Apple said:

Gripping any mobile phone will result in some attenuation of its antenna performance, with certain places being worse than others depending on the placement of the antennas

That's not a lie, that's fact.

It IS the way you're holding the phone, hold it differently and it doesn't happen, that's also fact.

Seems you can't tell the difference between facts and lies...

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
This is what Apple said:

Gripping any mobile phone will result in some attenuation of its antenna performance, with certain places being worse than others depending on the placement of the antennas

That's not a lie, that's fact.

It IS the way you're holding the phone, hold it differently and it doesn't happen, that's also fact.

Seems you can't tell the difference between facts and lies...

I can grip my iPhone 3GS and I don't see this problem, so YES it is a lie. To say that ANY mobile phone will results in some attenuation is just not true. You might want to believe this crap, but most of us that have enough sense to know and have tested this out, do not!

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
I can grip my iPhone 3GS and I don't see this problem, so YES it is a lie. To say that ANY mobile phone will results in some attenuation is just not true. You might want to believe this crap, but most of us that have enough sense to know and have tested this out, do not!

I imagine that, unless you have it in a vacuum, any time you touch any phone you will get some attenuation. Its just a matter of how much. And also how you measure it. It may be so small that you dont notice any bars changing.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

Actually i think there's truth to it. It just varies on where you hold the device or how much attenuation you lose. In the iphone 4's case, it's just really easy to do and the loss is more significant.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I imagine that, unless you have it in a vacuum, any time you touch any phone you will get some attenuation. Its just a matter of how much. And also how you measure it. It may be so small that you dont notice any bars changing.

As opposed to the iPhone 4 and the signal just dies in fringe areas and show a marked reduction even in some higher signal areas. Folks have tried to replicate this with many other phones and simply can't do it to the level of the iPhone 4. So slight vs what is happening on the iPhone 4 are two different things and it is still just Apple way of trying to minimize.

Like I said.. lie/deny use whatever word you want.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
3343d6v.jpg

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Wow...Did Apple piss in your wheaties or something? Calm down.

They haven't denied it, they haven't lied about it, they've stated facts, something which you seem to have trouble comprehending.

No because I have a strong opinion means Apple pissed in my Wheaties, imagine that. I am very calm, but thanks for your concern! :)

I see their announcement as denial and an attempt to minimize this situation. PERIOD! That is my opinion, but may disagree and that is fine. But I've seen nothing to change my opinion at this point. Maybe Friday will be the day that I will.

tommyb_23

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Why dont all of you stop complaining and return the phone? Stop whinning we are tired of hearing it return the phone, buy a android phone, join a android community and leave us all alone finally!!!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods