View Poll Results: How many iPhone 4's are being returned?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • I returned mine already.

9 8.65%
  • I know 1 person who returned his.

3 2.88%
  • I know 1-5 people who returned theirs.

4 3.85%
  • I don't know anybody who returned his.

88 84.62%
    I want to return mine. I drop 3 out of every 5 calls, and the proximity sensor messes up the other two calls.. I have an awesome iPod 4.. However, I won't because I really enjoy the iPhone, already sold my other one. So, i'll just deal.
    07-18-2010 01:59 PM
    I think we're still in the stage where people think Apple will have a fix. It's mostly diehard fans who have phones now. I would say they're not likely to return it.

It's human nature to rationalize decisions. A lot of waiting in line, went through the preorder mess, or are otherwise too invested in Apple to simply return it. It still remains perhaps the best looking smartphone ever with killer features such as best screen out there.
    Its hard to break loose when i4 got ahold of ya, Hell i have a little bit of these problems and did i return it? No! I bought my girl one told her mom to upgrade her brother their friend shyt it is still the best thing out there lol

I want to return mine. I drop 3 out of every 5 calls, and the proximity sensor messes up the other two calls.. I have an awesome iPod 4.. However, I won't because I really enjoy the iPhone, already sold my other one. So, i'll just deal.
    I dont have the prox thing going on but i can make some bars drop( now with a case it only goes down one bar) The phone is only one part of this 3 out of 5 is a bit much but a drop here and there so what. Right?
    07-19-2010 05:13 AM
    That's the thing, I'm not exactly a "fanboy" but I do think it's still the best phone on the market when it's actually connecting calls. So, I'm happy with my phone with the problems.
    07-19-2010 11:13 AM
    I'm returning mine today to AT&T and getting a new one from Apple (it arrived today on reserve). Engadget said that there may be a possibility that the units manufactured after week 25 may not have the antenna issue. I went to a local AT&T store yesterday that had two iphone 4s on display: on one, I could replicate the problem easily, on the other, the signal stayed strong no matter what. I didn't know to look at the serial number at the time, so I can't comment on that, but I'm hoping that a new iPhone will be good. However, if the issue is present and it's the only issue, I'll keep the new one because I like it so much, and I'll work around it.
    07-19-2010 12:36 PM
    i complain ALOT about the iPhone 4's proximity Sensor cause its a P.I.T.A but when i begin to play around with apps and all the other cool features this device offers, i really dont want to return it... oh well, no more b!tchin from me...atleast for now
    07-19-2010 01:03 PM
    Returning mine just so I can order the white one!!
    07-20-2010 11:45 AM
    Just returned mine.
    07-20-2010 12:09 PM
    I swapped mine for another yesterday. Does that count? Lol - I can't go without this one though. Playing with my 2G the other day was a giant let down. Haha

(Note: I swapped mine b/c Apple believed I had a defective unit.)
    07-20-2010 01:24 PM
    I returned mine (and my wife's), not due to any antenna issues or quality issues, but simply that AT&T's coverage for our area was lacking...being in a relatively rural area, AT&T has little motivation to expand 3G to our area given their focus on their new 4G roll out and catching up in highly populated areas...seemed like a watse of $ to pay for a data phone on EDGE when, at this time, VZW has 3G in our area.

I'll patiently wait for either a VZW iPhone or AT&T expansion....might not be a bad idea to wait since the next iteration will undoubtedly be 4G ready...
    07-20-2010 01:34 PM
    I have to admit, I have/had the antenna problem to a tee but bought a black bumper and for me the problem is essentially resolved. I like the bumper well enough that I don't consider my having to use it as a problem. And, I guess I'll be getting a bumper refund!

I have the proximity issue too but I'm convinced at this point that that problem will be going way with the next update. So, NOPE, not returning the phone.
    07-20-2010 01:48 PM
    Right now I know 5 people with an iPhone 4, not including myself. Three more of my co-workers have them on order and should get them soon.

I know zero people who have returned it for a refund. Now, a friend exchanged his because the speaker on the bottom stopped working. I also exchanged mine because the camera lense on the back was cracked and also I was having 3G data connection problems (which probably was related too AT&T's software problems in a few areas).

I have no plans to return mine. I can't get the death grip to work on mine but I use a case anyway.
    Last edited by sting7k; 07-20-2010 at 02:25 PM.
    07-20-2010 02:22 PM
    I have seen this issue in low reception areas. But I have a case so there is no problem. It's really not a big deal as people are making it. Too many rumors flying around now. I had a friend telling me that apple is doing a recall on them. hahah. He had no clue. What would make me angry is if they came out with another version with in a few months.
    07-20-2010 04:10 PM
    For people who don't want to use a case, I read that the Zagg Invisible Shield solves the "death touch" issue. You just need to apply the side skins so that (at least) the lower left corner antenna gap is covered.
    A caee or skin doesn't solve "death grip" which is common to many/most phones. Nothing solves that but to avoid holding it, but the deth touch is easily remedied if you have a problem.
    07-20-2010 04:40 PM
    For those who say wait it out.. wait out what? its a hardware flaw. there is nothing to wait out.. BTW still waiting for that ipad wifi fix. Id say this, return this phone now as its a heaping pile of ****. Its joketasking is such a laugh. Dont let steve sell you a bunk device and then rub it in.. dont be a sucker. return this pos and get the next droid device or if your an OS snob like me.. get a palm device with a real OS and not this locked down weak signal money pit.
    07-20-2010 05:11 PM
    Where is the wifi fix for the iPad already?
    07-20-2010 05:12 PM
    Gotta love trolls.

Not.

@taylorh - From what I understand, the Zagg full body skin doesn't cover the sides as one piece. It leaves the same gap as the phone itself, and thus leaves the same vulnerability. I've seen ads in a few thread on the forum for some colored side skins that do take care of the issue. They resemble coloured electrical tape run around the entire circumference of the phone...kinda cute actually.
    07-20-2010 06:27 PM
    Wont be returning mine. Love it
    07-20-2010 07:44 PM
    I returned my two iPhone 4s on July 20th, 3 days before my 30-day contract lock-in date with AT&T.

Reasoning:
    • Apple's poor "fix" for the antenna problem, Steve Jobs trying to point fingers at other manufacturers to detract attention from his own problems, his reply of "Just don't hold it that way." I also had severe problems with the proximity sensor. Oh, and I have to use a stupid BUMPER to make a $700 device work correctly?! I think NOT.
    • I'm sick of AT&T's crappy network! It's been 2 years for me and service is STILL horrible in San Diego.
    • I want to keep my options open for other phones/carriers at least until LTE arrives later this year.
    07-22-2010 03:35 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD