If it really is a antenna issue then explain this...

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
My words exactly, why do we try and defend Apple so much. It's a great phone but it has a flaw. Is it so hard to accept ? Just fix it. I still love my iFlaw, I mean iPhone.

I agree with this completely why defend apple they screwed this one up its unfortunate but they did

marketsqhero

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
just showing that the bridging of the antennas does not HAVE to be right at the black band on the lower left, NOR do you have to do the grip of death, as simply bridging the bands with a thin, conductive object, can cause issues.

Except it doesn't as already proven.

Touch the band on the lhs and the band on the rhs and it won't have any effect. Touch the bands near the top where they join and it has no effect.

The only place it has an effect is in the bottom lh corner which makes me believe it's more likely to be something related to a component down there rather than the actual bands per se.

I'ts NOT going to be fixed, it's part of the design of the iPhone4, it will probably be modified slightly in the 4Gs/5 released in June next year.

Apple will not change their refresh schedule to fix something affecting less than 1% of users.

If you're not happy with it take it back for a full refund, that's Apples offer, take it or leave it, but stop whinging about it!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Except it doesn't as already proven.

Touch the band on the lhs and the band on the rhs and it won't have any effect. Touch the bands near the top where they join and it has no effect.

The only place it has an effect is in the bottom lh corner which makes me believe it's more likely to be something related to a component down there rather than the actual bands per se.

I'ts NOT going to be fixed, it's part of the design of the iPhone4, it will probably be modified slightly in the 4Gs/5 released in June next year.

Apple will not change their refresh schedule to fix something affecting less than 1% of users.

If you're not happy with it take it back for a full refund, that's Apples offer, take it or leave it, but stop whinging about it!

its affecting more then 1 percent of users man

marketsqhero

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Really, they've sold over 2 million phones.

1% of those would be 20,000 users. Have Apple had to swap out 20,000 phones? There's only 1,000ish complaints on Apples own website.

Show me figures that there's over 20,000 complaining and I'll believe it, but for now I see a few thousand complaints. It's a drop in the ocean to what they've sold and important bit are STILL selling!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Please provide us the source of your 1%. Is that a number you just grabbed out of your ass?

I am not going to stop making this an issue and other consumers will not either. Bring it back and shut the hell up just isn't going to cut it.

If you don't like the fact that some complain, then that is about you. Folks that want and spend their money on this phone absolutely have a right to expect it to work as promised. Remember Better Reception statement made by Jobs.

Some of you that haven't seen the issue are clearly in denial yourselves. I bet if I had your phone in my area, I could replicate the issue without question.

marketsqhero

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
As above, I'll go on the number of people I see complaining, it's a VERY small number of people being VERY vocal on a FEW websites.

It's not a lot of people, it's certainly not 20,000 people. If there's more then fair enough, but as it stands you can't show me anymore than those complainers, and they're less than 1% of total iPhone4 users...

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I am not going to stop making this an issue and other consumers will not either. Bring it back and shut the hell up just isn't going to cut it.

Guess it depends on what issues your having? Because remember, you gave me this advice when i complained about the design:

I think that is all much to do about nothing!

The new design is just fine. Sharp edges, that is a real freaking stretch at best.

Some people just hate change, but no one was forced to ugprade to the new design.

Based on your advice to me, i can only say in return noone forced you to upgrade. Take it back? :p

marketsqhero

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Of course it's relevant, like any company it's based on cost, as far as Apple are concerned very few people are bringing their phones back for return, yes they're losing a bit of face over it but they've sold 2 million+, there's still a backorder, and people are STILL ordering them.

Now weigh that up against the cost of a total recall...

It doesn't add up, they'll take the hit of a few whingers, throw them a free bumper if they complain enough and be done with it.

They'll redesign the 4Gs / 5 slightly so it's not as noticable and that will be that. Anyone wishing for more is living in cloud cuckoo land...

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Guess it depends on what issues your having? Because remember, you gave me this advice when i complained about the design:

Based on your advice to me, i can only say in return noone forced you to upgrade. Take it back? :p

A change in design is being compared to actual reception problems due to the design change are two very different things.

You knew what it looked like before you bought it. I had no idea what the recpetion was like until I did.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Of course it's relevant, like any company it's based on cost, as far as Apple are concerned very few people are bringing their phones back for return, yes they're losing a bit of face over it but they've sold 2 million+, there's still a backorder, and people are STILL ordering them.

Now weigh that up against the cost of a total recall...

It doesn't add up, they'll take the hit of a few whingers, throw them a free bumper if they complain enough and be done with it.

They'll redesign the 4Gs / 5 slightly so it's not as noticable and that will be that. Anyone wishing for more is living in cloud cuckoo land...

They are not going to do a recall! But I see your point!

I still think this issue is significant enough that it has to be addressed and you can't just keep minimizing it. Let just see what they say on Friday and then we can go from there.

However, you do realize you are saying they will redesign the 4G/5 slightly to resolve the issue. If it isn't a big deal, then why would they?

My point is quit denying it and provide a solution, that will satisify the mass majority. But it will not serve them well in the long term to just pretend this is really not a problem, because some think it is only impacting a small number.

Neither of us can give a real number and I am not going to pull one off out my rearend for the sake of making a point!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
A change in design is being compared to actual reception problems due to the design change are two very different things.

You knew what it looked like before you bought it. I had no idea what the recpetion was like until I did.

Well i didn't know it would feel like using. I've no problem with the looks :)

But still, we're both wiser now. You take yours back first :p

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Well i didn't know it would feel like using. I've no problem with the looks :)

But still, we're both wiser now. You take yours back first :p

This is true we both know a lot more now that we did for sure!

Honestly guys I don't have any intent to bring mine back. I love the darn phone. I am using a case, so for me the reception thing isn't impacting me. None the less I do think it has to be addressed for the greater long term good of Apple.

Appreciate the discussion with you too cardfan! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR