New iTouch user

MacTxGirl

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
New iPod Touch user

Hey everyone! I just ordered an 8gb iPod Touch (I preferred the 64gb but I have financial restrictions) and I'd like to know what I can do with it that I may not have expected to use the iPod Touch for.

I'm pretty excited about this, actually. I've been getting by on my 1gb Shuffle (I know!) and playing with my friends iPod but that hasn't been enough!

I've been using my BB 8310 as a media player as well, but I hate having my music interrupted when I receive a call.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Well, MacTxGirl. First and foremost, what product did you order? I am not aware of a product called and iTouch? Is this an Apple Product or a knockoff of the iPod Touch? Anyway. You can use your iPod Touch for many things. The only things you can do on the go however are media (music, movies, podcast, tv shows etc) and games. Everything else requires a wifi signal. But. If you have a wifi signal, you can do anything that an iPhone can besides the phone stuff (calls, text etc). It really depends on the apps. Go find some and start having fun.

MacTxGirl

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Um, yeah, I was referring to the iPod Touch when I said iTouch...I know many users refer to their iPod Touch as their iTouch or simply iPod.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I was thinking the same with the "iTouch". If I
could only edit titles. Hehe.

Pandora is a must to download if you're in to
Media.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I recommend Slacker myself for music, because you can use just a little space and actually cache your stations, so that you can listen to them even when you don't have Wifi. Can't do that with Pandora or the other streaming music apps.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Pandora is way better than slacker IMO.

It also depends on what types of things you are into. There are tons of apps that cater to the many different interests of its users.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Pandora is way better than slacker IMO.

It also depends on what types of things you are into. There are tons of apps that cater to the many different interests of its users.

It is a matter of personal preference I suppose. You can't customize Pandora stations other than to thump down a song or up a song, but that just tweaks their algorithm, which you still have no control over. You can tell it not to play a song for a month, but no real banning. You can't favor specific songs or artist, You can't tell it you prefer hits over more fringe, or classics over currents, you can't create stations with just artist and or specific songs that you want vs Pandora pushing their own play-list on you. You can't cache stations for playback where you have no Internet connectivity, not to mention that Slacker has a library about triple the size of Pandora's. Limits to the number of songs you can skip even if you pay for Pandora One.

So exactly how is it better than Slacker?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox