After an agonizing 4 days of over 75 failed calls and 3 system restores and 4 reregistering my iPhone 3G with the network and 4 times of resetting my network settings, Apple and AT&T have admitted that there MAY be a problem with my phone. I have an appt tomorrow at the Apple store where I have been told by Apple that they will exchange my phone for a 3GS model. Has anyone else experienced this?
    07-13-2010 10:25 PM
    I havent heard of this issue my girlfriend has a 3g and has never had this problem
    07-13-2010 10:27 PM
    I've had a 3G for close to two years. I can count the amount of dropped calls on one hand. If it's not a coverage issue, it's most definitely a phone issue. Getting a 3Gs in it's place would be a pretty good deal.
    07-13-2010 10:35 PM
    I've never heard of Apple exchanging a 3G for a 3GS. They would likely replace your 3G model with another 3G refurb model.
    07-14-2010 02:27 AM
    Well, I went to the Apple Store and they replaced my 3G iPhone with another 3G iPhone. I was not expecting a 3Gs. It was what I was told by the Apple rep on the phone. I got home and made 2 calls and started dropping calls again. Called ATT and dropped the call 3 times with them. They called back and transferred me to an Apple rep and the Apple rep told me to get a new Sim card for my phone and that should take care of it. I will try to do that today and see what happens.
    07-15-2010 03:45 PM
    Wow! I feel for you. Hopefully you can get these issues resolved.
    07-15-2010 07:36 PM
    Like lungho I sure hope you can get this resolved, because it has to be frustrating. I can honestly say I've not had an issue with dropped calls, thank goodness!

Let us know the results of the new sim card.
    07-15-2010 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD