Cancel Apple Order?

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
So I ordered the iP4 on July 7th and the order status says it will be delivered sometime around Aug 2nd. Should I cancel my order and maybe try ordering on AT&T instead? Or go to an Apple store and get on that waiting list? Think I can have one in my hands any sooner than Aug. 2? The main reason I ordered from the Apple store is because I get 3x points on my AMEX, but it's not that important to me.
What should I do?

Thanks ahead for your opinions and advice =)

UPDATE: I decided to just keep the order and wait it out. Last night Apple sent me an email saying my phone has shipped. It will be delivered on the 27th. It's only 5 days early, but at least it's something. Woohoo!!:D
Oh btw, At&T changed my eligibility at the same time. Now I'm on for 2 years :(

Last edited:

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I was on the list at the Apple store and Best Buy. At the time, about 2 weeks after release date, neither could tell me when they would get a new shipment in. After a week, Apple called and I got my phone. Best Buy still hasn't received any more iP4.

j_squared

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I reserved at the Apple store near my house on the same day. I just got the email that I can go pick it up today. I don't know if the brick and mortar stores are still doing this but you should definitely call and check it out. Don't cancel your order unless you know for sure you can get sooner.

jables

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
i ordered from AT&T and i got my phone in 7 days. and that was only cause of the 4th of July weekend which made it longer. not sure where the wait is at now. but was way faster then apple said.

Tone1981

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I preordered from bestbuy could not get it for relase date so I went to apple and gave them my email address, ended up getting it from bestbuy 2days later and on the 3rd I got a message from apple saying I could also pick up my phone which I didn't cause i already had picked up from bestbuy. Apple only took 6 days to get me a phone, if I was u I would gave apple store a try it cost u nothing just ur email address.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I think you'd do better going to a AT&T Store and/or Apple Store and getting on the list. However, if they are saying delivered by August 2, you are looking at 2 more weeks. The thing is at some point during the order process your eligibility will change so that you can't do anything, but wait on the order.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods