Will the iPhone 4 be recalled?

Will the iPhone 4 be recalled

• Total voters

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I could see them doing some sort of factory coating on new ones

That's not a half bad idea. Then early adopters could trade in their problem phones for the fixed phones. Apple would then repair the problem with the old phones recovered and sell them as refurbs.

mostlyDigital

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
voluntary recall?

I think that it will be recalled, but only as a settlement to a threatened class action suit. This is going to tarnish the "good guys" image for a while. Quick! Somebody register $Pod, $Phone...

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
i can't replicate the signal loss problem even if i wanted to cause i live in an area of my city where the signal strength is strong at all times cause of there being a tower not more than 90 feet from my front door.

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
That's not a half bad idea. Then early adopters could trade in their problem phones for the fixed phones. Apple would then repair the problem with the old phones recovered and sell them as refurbs.

I mentioned it also ( see my post #12) .. Do you think Apple would ever really consider this though ( i mean adding a factory coating to new ones , and let peeps trade in their uncoated one ??)

I think it could possibly be a fairly easy way to fix the problem ...

Fresh1

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I mentioned it also ( see my post #12) .. Do you think Apple would ever really consider this though ( i mean adding a factory coating to new ones , and let peeps trade in their uncoated one ??)

I think it could possibly be a fairly easy way to fix the problem ...

Fresh1

It'd be a fair way but I'm not holding my breath. :cool:

skeeter#IM

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
I agree on the probability of free bumpers. It would allow Apple to placate everyone, still hedge on any actual design problem, and stop the neverending run of 'Apple doesn't care'.

Recall just won't happen. Too many implications, too much hassle, and sets a precedent.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
If you look at their stock price drop today, they're going to have to do something. Inaction will only cause bigger problems. They're the only major tech stock to take a hit today.

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
A recall is not necessary. If you aren't satisfied with the design, take it back. Then get a new one when/if they fix it of come out with a new model.
Apple has extended the return period to 30 days and waived the restocking fee specifically for this reason.

Seriously. A recall is only necessary if you're stuck with the product. And you are not.

I'd like to see them offer free cases or bumpers and take the phone off the market until there's a fix. At least admit the problem if there I one. But for now I'm satisfied with the existing voluntary recall (return it for a refund.)

Last edited:

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
Or return it for a full refund and buy a new phone when they fix the design flaw.

Last edited:

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine has minor scratches on it from normal wear, would I be able to return the phone without subject to any fees?

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
Mine has minor scratches on it from normal wear, would I be able to return the phone without subject to any fees?
You were able to scratch their scratch proof glass? (being sarcastic.)
They say "undamaged." I'd consider that undamaged. Also if they give you a hard time raise a stink that the only reason you're returning it is because of the defective design. Don't take no for an answer unless the phone is broken, smashed, or water damaged.

I will add that I will not be returning mine. I feel I have a good enough grasp on the issue, I don't have a problem, and I use a case anyway. I'm satisfied with the workaround personally.
But if anyone has concerned or issues they should return it while you still can. Don't settle for being unhappy with your $200-$300 2 year contract purchase. You don't have to.

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
If you look at their stock price drop today, they're going to have to do something. Inaction will only cause bigger problems. They're the only major tech stock to take a hit today.

Dude, it dropped all of 5 points. It's still sitting pretty at 252 and change. A flux from 257 to 252 isn't going to get ANYONE at Apple worked up enough to do anything. They are still wiping their nose with the imperfect bills that come pouring in.

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
You were able to scratch their scratch proof glass? (being sarcastic.)
They say "undamaged." I'd consider that undamaged. Also if they give you a hard time raise a stink that the only reason you're returning it is because of the defective design. Don't take no for an answer unless the phone is broken, smashed, or water damaged.

I will add that I will not be returning mine. I feel I have a good enough grasp on the issue, I don't have a problem, and I use a case anyway. I'm satisfied with the workaround personally.
But if anyone has concerned or issues they should return it while you still can. Don't settle for being unhappy with your $200-$300 2 year contract purchase. You don't have to.

To be honest, I dont experience much of the known issue. I too could use a case and would probably be more than fine. However, I did initially want a White iPhone. Maybe I can return this one and hope by the time the White one is released all issues will be addressed. I would just hope I dont have to wait very long otherwise I'll keep this old thing.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I do not think there should be a recall. I for one will be keeping mine and am happy I got it.

Most people were going to get a case any way so what's all the hubbub about? I get screaming 3G signal in places I've never had it before. All I have to do is not touch the bottom left corner...I can do that, no problem. How many of you ever held your phone high in the air just to try and get a better signal. Y'all that are complaining are just part of the mob mentality. Your mad because the media Said you should be. Well if you di not like the phone please return it for a full refund. End of problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh