Will the iPhone 4 be recalled?

Will the iPhone 4 be recalled

• Total voters

echaos1210

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
:eek:I read on a website "BGR" and theres a story with the title

Why PR is so vital: Apple?s next move is a lose-lose:eek::eek:

I am very upset if this does come to be true because i still havent gotten an iPhone because I'm waiting for the white iP4 to be released

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'll choose "Don't Care" as it doesn't effect me
either way.

I don't have any issues with my i4, but of
course if they do have a re-call, I'll definitely
switch mine out. I always love a fresh new
device.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Apple won't recall... too arrogant to admit there is a problem... as evident by Job's "just hold it different" statement.

I picked up a bumper the other day and I don't experience the signal/antenna issue anyway.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
No way Apple will recall. And fortunately I have tried replicating this antenna problem and have not been able to do it. No issues here.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Not a bone in my body that believes Apple will recall after the way they've claimed there is nothing wrong with the phone.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Eh..Apple's next move should be to make lemonade.

CR showed them how. Include a bumper with an iphone 4 and all is forgiven for most part. Package it right and consumers will eat it up thinking they're getting more value.

Make some accessories that work with Bumpers and you got another revenue stream.

tredstone

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I reaaaaally like that idea. :cool:

It makes the most sense, short of a full out recall.

They should say essentially: our new design has an antenna which may result in signal attenuation. For those in a strong signal area, you are unaffected. For those who are, we are offering a free bumper (or refund to those who have already purchased a bumper as a workaround). In the case that the bumper does not adequately provide a solution, or you do not wish to use a bumper as a remedy, we are offering a full refund even if you are outside the 30 day return window.

That would be doing the right thing, IMO. Otherwise, let the public crucification (rightfully) continue.

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Probaly would never happpen , but come up with some sorta non conductive clear coating to put on the attena band ( in manufacturing) to stop the contact from your hand to the attena to stop the problem ( would have to do testing to see what would work best , but i think this is a fairly easy fix)..

The problem is how would it all work out for the aprox 2 million iphone 4's that have already been sold? Maybe something like you can trade your i4 for one with the new coating ( or something along those lines).. I doubt it will happen , but it would make a lot of people happy ..

Fresh1

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Oh man, I hope it gets recalled. What would happen if I'm driving my Toyota and using my iPhone 4 at the same time? I think something bad might happen. A hole in the space/time continuum would open up and swallow me whole. :)

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Oh man, I hope it gets recalled. What would happen if I'm driving my Toyota and using my iPhone 4 at the same time? I think something bad might happen. A hole in the space/time continuum would open up and swallow me whole. :)

lolol... hahahahaha ... :D:D:D

Too funny ....

Fresh1

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Won't be recalled, but should be recalled.

I really can't wait for the "fix" to come out so all the people that don't see the issue (when looking at the bars) will suddenly think the update broke their phone when it drops 2 bars in their hand.

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Won't be recalled, but should be recalled.

I really can't wait for the "fix" to come out so all the people that don't see the issue (when looking at the bars) will suddenly think the update broke their phone when it drops 2 bars in their hand.

Yea J it is going to cause Chaos .....

Fresh1

bchavarrae

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
No way. Apple will try to sweep this under the rug.....

My i4 works great! I can replicate the signal issue but it hasn't effected my calls. Ready for the cherry on top?..............I'M LEFTHANDED!

May 24, 2009
Visit site
Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of iPhones in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
If there isn't some kind of recall, I expect Apple to give the early adopters of the iPhone 4 a great deal on next year's upgrade......more of a deal than the subsidized pricing.

danredwing

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
some sort of fix, but no recall.

I could see them doing some sort of factory coating on new ones, and maybe an invisible shield sort of sticker and/or a free bumper for the ones out in the world already. I am personally waiting for Incase to release their slider case, and it isn't an issue on mine.