New To Iphone

timbales1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I am new to iphone so I need you guys help. Is possible to get email pushed to iphone without going to your inbox and tapping on particular email accounts. i would like to be pushed and notify

thanksk
roy white

iMarna

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes, go to Settings, Mail, Contacts, Calendars. You can set up how often you want to check your accounts and how you want to be notified.

I'm new to iPhone, too. And I'm lovin' it!

Moonbase0ne

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Good to know iMarna. I just ordered a iP4. Currently have a BlackBerry so I am also wondering about email on the iPhone.

How is Push Email for AOL and Yahoo on the iPhone? I also have a hotmail account but it's not really important just as long as I can get the email for it.

ssampath

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I use Yahoo and Exchange mail and both are pushed to the iPhone. Gmail can be setup as either IMAP or Exchange, I have set it up as Exchange and that is pushed as well. There is an option to setup AOL accounts but I have not used that. Both Yahoo and Exchange with sync calendars as well and Exchange will sync your contacts too. To sync your yahoo contacts wireless you need to setup CardDAV - I do this and it work very well.

The 4.0 mail app has threaded mail and unified inbox - these I find very useful. Also the new high resolution display (Retina!) makes text easer to read!

Overall I think the iPhone is a fine email machine!

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
keep in mind that the only notification you will receive about the new mail will be a sound effect chime (not user configurable unless you jailbreak), and # badge over the Mail icon. You will NOT get a popup window with a summary of the mail message in it.

elementbt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Everytime I get a facebook notification.. it shows up in facebook, AND in my email..this is annoying, i just came from BB and I believe the facebook app deleted the email msg for you so it would only come up in the app. Is there a way to fix this?

l1ghtn1ng

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Everytime I get a facebook notification.. it shows up in facebook, AND in my email..this is annoying, i just came from BB and I believe the facebook app deleted the email msg for you so it would only come up in the app. Is there a way to fix this?

You could always change your facebook settings on the actual site (so you don't get emails at all)

or you could turn off the push notifications for facebook and use the emails to see the notifications

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW