New iPhone4 owner and new to iTunes. I previously purchased some MP3s from Amazon and managed them in Windows Media Player (no snickers, please). I readily transferred my music library over to iTunes and synced to my iPhone.

Today I looked at a particular album download - it is $9.99 on iTunes and $7.99 on Amazon. Other than the need to go through the extra stem to move the files over, is there any particular advantage to buying it on iTunes (for an extra $2) vs. buying it on Amazon?

Thanks.
    07-13-2010 09:19 AM
    I buy all my music on Amazon. iTunes is too restrictive, only allowing you to play music DL'd through itunes on an iDevice.
    07-13-2010 09:29 AM
    ^ this.
    I bought a song on itunes and i cant play it on my other mp3 player? To hell with that.
    Amazon for music and thats that.
    07-13-2010 09:37 AM
    Assuming it works the same in the US at the UK, Amazon have made it even easier now. They have some software called their MP3 Downloader which manages the download of the MP3 but it also automatically imports it into your iTunes library!

I routinely compare the price between iTunes and Amazon now, and buy whichever is cheapest. They're both as good as each other now really, as iTunes are generally DRM free.
    07-13-2010 09:58 AM
    i only have my phone for an mp3 player so the itunes restrictions do not bother me.
    07-13-2010 10:28 AM
    I buy all my music on Amazon. iTunes is too restrictive, only allowing you to play music DL'd through itunes on an iDevice.
    That's not true. As long as the device can play AAC files, it will run just fine. There is no DRM on iTunes music that locks into an iPod or whatever anymore. For example, the Zune can play iTunes music. Like I said, their AAC files are no longer hampered by DRM and if your device can play AAC, have at it.
    07-13-2010 10:50 AM
    My MP3 player must not be AAC compliant, then, because it doesn't recognize any itunes music. Either way, I will stick with Amazon. My itunes library sees amazon mp3's just fine once I refresh it after downloading new music.
    07-13-2010 02:13 PM
    there is no difference in the mp3 files
    07-13-2010 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD