I Gave Up

Amilly33

May 4, 2010
Visit site

I had ordered a iphone4 on the AT&T website. It was on backorder with no clue as to when it would come. I decided to just cancel order and get 3gs instead. I am very happy with my decision. This is my first iPhone and I love it. I don't miss my blackberry at all. Once all the kinks are worked out of os4, I will update. :rolleyes:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
What kinks are you referring to in iOS4 anyways?

Also, sorry to hear you gave up, but the 3GS is
still a very good device. If I were you, I would
have pre-ordered through Apple. Seems to be
faster than ordering through AT&T at times.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Pro, return that thing and get a 4. Call an apple store and get on the waiting list. You will have it within a week.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I was too impatient to call around. (typical woman) ha ha.

Will I hope you enjoy your new iPhone. :)

If within 30 days you decide you want to upgrade, take it back to AT&T or Apple (wherever you bought it) and exchange it for the iPhone 4. Otherwise, you still have an amazing phone!

miggles209

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on July 2nd through the AT&T website and it shipped last night. Tracking info on FEDEX.com says its on schedule to be delivered tomorrow! Yay :)

pkang

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I too suggest you return the 3gs and just wait alittle for the ip4 because it is so worth it. And with the new phone comes bigger and greater tech...

the 3gs is a good phone and my girlfriend has it, but still the ip4 blows it away. I would recommend you return it and just wait for the ip4

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I agree with everyone. The 3GS is a great device but it's dated. I just hope you got the new 3GS that is returnable. If you got te 16 or 32 gb model you are stuck. The iPhone 4 is worth the wait and the extra 100 bucks.

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the rest. I was an impatient, but determined, woman. One day, I called almost every retailer I could find that sells it. No one had it or even know when they would get more in. So I ended up going to the Apple store & getting on the waiting list. Had it a week later. iP4 is really worth the wait!!

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with everyone. The 3GS is a great device but it's dated. I just hope you got the new 3GS that is returnable. If you got te 16 or 32 gb model you are stuck. The iPhone 4 is worth the wait and the extra 100 bucks.

They're all returnable. They cannot deny you the 30 day exchange policy unless the phone is in bad condition.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Here's the exact wording from AT&T return policy: Closeout Equipment cannot be exchanged under this policy. Close Out equipment must be returned if service is being canceled.

So it cant be exchanged for another device. You can return it but would have to activate an old phone in the mean time. I know Verizon has a three day wait period to reset your upgrade.

Att did this to discourage people from upgrading to the 3GS to turn around and exchange it for an iPhone 4 later.

Last edited: