I was unable to find anything about this on google, so I figured if anyone would know - you guys would.

I'm wondering, if the exclusivity contract with at&t is over with between them and apple - and the iPhone is to be carried by two different carriers - would we then begin to see devices such as the droid x, and droid incredible on at&t's network?

Just a thought...
    07-11-2010 11:42 PM
    Maybe. It depends on AT&T and Googles contracts. It also depends on their contracts with Motorola, HTC and other phone manufactures.
    07-11-2010 11:56 PM
    They'll probably have to de-emphasize the iPhone a bit and try to move some of the other phones. Not sure they'll have a larger variety, though.
    07-12-2010 12:00 AM
    I would think the door would kick wide open for them to do whatever they want to do provided they work out arrangements with HTC, Motorola for the DROID. I am sure since they already have agreements in place them adding these phones wouldn't take much.
    07-12-2010 12:36 AM
    I just figured that since so many AT&T people will likely move to Verizon for the network, that AT&T would need to look for more reasons to hold customers - having a larger variety of "good" smartphones would help.
    07-12-2010 01:12 AM
    I'm hoping this is the case. I think the iPhone's days of being the "Jesus phone" are over. Don't get me wrong-- the iPhone still rocks-- but its not head-and-shoulders above the rest anymore. If AT&T wants to stay competitive, they are going to have to step up their Android game.
    07-12-2010 12:03 PM
    personally I dont care if at&t carries more android phones they dont allow you to install applications from external sources on there android phones and thats not a good thing to do
    07-12-2010 12:30 PM
    personally I dont care if at&t carries more android phones they dont allow you to install applications from external sources on there android phones and thats not a good thing to do
    That's true as seen with the new Aria. That is a huge feature I took advantage of when I had my HTC Incredible.
    07-12-2010 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD