Help Needed - Adjusting Video for YouTube. (aspect ratio)

eiger

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Folks,

I'm having a bit of a newb problem and was hoping if someone would be able to point me in the right direction of what needs to happen.

Captured some video from my Iphone 4 at a Tool concert yesterday. Link here - YouTube - Seattle Tool Show. Key Arena July 2010. Unfortunately, as you can see it has gigantic black bars on both sides. I was recording with the phone in vertical (portrait) position rather than horizontal position which was probably my first mistake.

Are there any good ways for me to remedy this easily with the .MOV file that I have already? Even if I have to stretch it a bit, it would look better than it does now.

Thanks!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you use a Mac I would suggest putting it into iMovie HD(can't remember what it's called but it's the older one not the newest iMovie. Once you have it in there you can change the rotation and crop it. I'll update once I get on my MBP. I used to have the same problem with my 3G.

eiger

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a MAC unfortunately. PC.

Any nice souls want to help out if I put it on a MobileMe or Skydrive fileshare? ;-)

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I ran into the same problem and it seems to be the way you hold it. If you hold it landscape and upload it, how does it look?