Invisible Shielded it and threw on a bumper.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Invisible Shield and iPhone 4 bumper=great combo for protection.

So i was at the mall today waiting for the girlfriend to finish her day of overspending at the mall. I was currently using a Belkin grip vue but was unhappy with how it screwed with the flash so I thought I would plop down 35 and get the whole body coverage with Invisible Shield. Took about 20 minutes and I was very pleased. They installed it and it looked great. So then I thought, why not go all out and get a bumper. And so I did. 29.00 for the bumper, although a bit spendy for what it is, does a good job at protecting the edges.

Pics soon. If your on the fence regarding the bumper, I say Do it. I was initially unimpressed but that was before I even tried one out.

pkang

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey man, I also got a ghost armor on my iphone instead of invisishield but same principle but different texture. I find it to be a smoother texture compared to the invisishield but great choice to get it on your phone.

But I am not sure if you have seen the post made by others about teh bumpers but it seems that the bumper doesnt do well to protect the phone when it drops. Although it may preserve the edges, it only took 3 drops for the phone with the bumper to crack the glass.

just for reference. you might want to purchase a sturdier case.

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I did the same thing invisibleshield with bumper. Gotta say I love the look. The whole dropping thing shouldn't be a problem if you aren't an clumsy fool.

I think I will purchase the case mate tough case for those more dangerous places.

willthetech

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I got the invisible shield dry version yesterday from ATT and it's 100 times better and easier than the wet one, now i have to get pay again to get a bumper...but this was my ideal combination even before i got the iphone.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I got the invisible shield dry version yesterday from ATT and it's 100 times better and easier than the wet one, now i have to get pay again to get a bumper...but this was my ideal combination even before i got the iphone.

do you know if they make the dry version for the 3gs?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Well I hope you guys have better lasting luck with your invisible shield on the Oleophobic coated display than I did. I had mine on for over 12 days and then suddenly bubbles started showing up. I've installed dozens of these, so I know how to install them. But they just don't seem to cure to these newer iPhone screens like previous models.

Today I went over to Best Buy to get my refund. They told me they are having a lot of these come back with the same issue.

I enjoyed it while it lasted and I was not even bothered by the orange peel effect because it didn't seem to impact the display, but it does by a small percentage reduce the crispness of the display. Most probably wouldn't notice unless they looked at a phone without it in a side by side comparison.

I was not aware that Zagg was making a dry version of the invisible shield. I know there are many selling screen protectors that go on dry. I am in fact holding out for the PowerSupply version, which is usually always the best.

pkang

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
ive had my ghost armor on for more than 12 days and compared to the invisishield I like it more. No bubbles and a smoother texture

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
If anyone needs a 50% off code to Zagg.com, you can use the one i received:

iapffdzd

It's a one time use code.
I already purchased an InvisibleShield and won't be needing it!
Code expires on July 31st.:)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
ive had my ghost armor on for more than 12 days and compared to the invisishield I like it more. No bubbles and a smoother texture

I had the Ghost Armor installed on release day... and have had NO problems with it whatsoever - no bubbling, no blistering, no peeling and no interference with using the touch screen. I did front and back... and recently picked up the Bumper... It's a great combination on a pretty darn good phone.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have the shields from Best Skins Ever and don't have a problem with bubbling or any peeling. I even have the Speck Candy Shell case on it now. I should receive a black bumper by Friday I bought from a member here. I'm super excited.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
After 2 days I took just the front IS off. Not because it made the scrolling or navigating wierd but that it made these terrible ugly rainbow collored vertical lines all over the screen. I saw them and freaked hit thinking it was a scream defect. However once I peeled back the IS they were gone. Oh wells. I was more concerned with the back and sides to be honest. What a weird effect.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I have the shields from Best Skins Ever and don't have a problem with bubbling or any peeling. I even have the Speck Candy Shell case on it now. I should receive a black bumper by Friday I bought from a member here. I'm super excited.

I really liked the Candy Shell but it made the iPhone way too bulky. I was hoping they made it slimmer since the 3G version. Unfortunately not. Good protection though. It'd like a fashion bullet proof vest.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW