I'm ready! I have the $$$, and it's burning a hole in my pocket waiting to be spent on an iPhone4.

My real dilema now is do I go in an order the black 32gb iPhone4, or do I wait for the white iphone4 to be released (the AT&T rep said maybe mid or late July) and order that one.

I would love to hear what everyone thinks weather you already have an iPhone4, your waiting for the white one, or if you want one and would wait yourself.

Thanks.

Chris.
    07-11-2010 03:01 AM
    I love the sleekness of black. I originally wanted the white phone since I had the white 3GS. But I am not a huge fan of the white front. I love the white back though.

So I say hit up the black.
    07-11-2010 03:08 AM
    I too originally wanted the white, but opted for the black due to the long wait. I am totally happy with the black. However, the bottom line is with the white being released within the next few weeks, you could likely wait a bit. That is if you really, really want a white one.

Then again the time is another consideration. Knowing Apple they will take pre-orders for them and then ship them on a certain date at the end of July sometimes.

My other consideration too was being a business person, using my phone a lot in a professional setting. I think I would have felt rather awkward whipping out a white iPhone. The black to me is just more professional looking.
    07-11-2010 05:43 AM
    Once you go black, you never go back...so I hear anyway!

I opted for black also. I guess, in part, out of impatience, but to be totally honest, I've never been too big a fan of white electronics, so it was mostly because I prefer the black over the white.
    07-11-2010 06:32 AM
    I thought I heard July 19th as a possible release date for the white, but I really have no idea.

I dig on black a little more. It's got more of an industrialized, raw technology feel. The appeal of the white for me is that its different than what everyone else has. Like with blackberries, some people who mod them made whiteberries, which looked cool as hell, but only because it was something totally different.
    07-11-2010 08:11 AM
    Since you're posting about it, get the white. If you didn't want it you wouldn't be trying to justify getting the black one now.

In terms of missing anything, apps are still getting updated. Others like netflix have yet to appear. 4.0.x should be out by then. And perhaps Apple made a few hardware fixes though unlikely.

It doesn't matter what anyone else prefers. It's your phone.
    07-11-2010 09:56 AM
    to be honestly, i like black one....
    07-11-2010 10:00 AM
    you've waited this long, might as well get the white one

also remember... Apple will be releasing their "magical fix" sometime in the near future, hopefully
    so that might save you some frustration as well
    07-11-2010 10:27 AM
    I'm geting impatient, but still waiting. I really want to see the white before I make my purchase. That said, I need to start being a little nicer to my 3GS. It's had two big spills (no major damage-just a few tiny bezel scrapes) in the last couple of weeks. I think I've been a bit careless because I'm of the mindset that I'm soon getting a new one. Gotta thinking that way or my husband will be getting a broken phone when I trade up
    07-11-2010 12:51 PM
    I prefer black over white any day of the week just like the look of black better
    07-11-2010 03:43 PM
    I would say go for black for 3 reasons. The first only applies if you a dude but white seems too chickish for me. Call me old fashion, but i can't stand the dudes with the white sunglasses, and pink polo shirts. Number two is black is much more sophisticated. Number three is you can get a black one , now. The only thing i can think of that may be better about the white one rather then the black is that the delayed white release may mean that it doesn't have the same signal issue that the black one does.
    07-11-2010 07:32 PM
    always hatin' on whitey. Get you a white one.
    07-11-2010 07:34 PM
    I have two lines. Got black on release day, and waiting for white ones to upgrade the other line...
    07-11-2010 10:55 PM
    Card0124, There is no chance that the white one will perform ant differently than the black.
    07-11-2010 11:03 PM
    Do you think if I got the black one now, I could exchange it for a white one when it came out? Late july should still be within the exchange period, right? My 3g has served me faithfully for quite some time now but it's been doing some strange stuff and I don't know how much longer I can wait for a new phone
    07-13-2010 07:08 AM
    if you really want white just hold out but as you can see most of us couldnt or didnt want to(me). i like the black anyway
    07-13-2010 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD