Thanks for screwing me royaly

apsirris

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I just recently purchased the new iphone 4g. I was going to change my insurance provider from bestbuymobile to one that covers lost and stolen (ASCERION). After shelling out almost 300$ and another 100 $ in asscesories I figured that I could change it after my trip to MIami Beach. Just before the last night my Iphone was stolen from on of the 10000 homeless people on the beach. I figured ok, it was stolin, but hopefully since I'ved paid so much to AT&T and just signed a 2 year contract I'd be able to switch insurance providers and still be able to pay a deductable for a new phone. I contact Ascerion and told them my problem and a staff member said that because it had just happened I could switch inscurance companies. I was also within the 30 day period of being aloud to switch insurance companies. Well come to find out they lied to me. I'm really upset with AT&T and Apple. All of this technology and they can't even track my Iphone because I didn't put mobileme on there. Another 100$ program I would of had to add. The guy who stole my Phone, sold it. Now the guy who has it is using it. He even posted on my facebook laughing and putting vulgar remarks under my status. I know apple has the technology to track my phone, they just would rather me purchase everything all over again. Miami Beach police didn't even take a police report and said they don't do police reports anymore. When I called them to see if they had found anyone with Iphones and all my credit cards and wallet, they simply laughed at me. They never asked for a serial number of my new iphone, never even asked me my name incase they found all my identification. The only thing I've been told by apple was to go to AT&T and report the serial number. So you're telling me that they can't link the Iphone serial number with the number the guy is using right now. Welcome to getting screwed by the man, and capitilism in it's finest. Thanks Apple, AT&T, and Miami Beach Police, for your help in any opportunity of saving me over 500$ of the money I hardly make in the U.S. Maybe this is why the economy is falling apart, becasue no one in the U.S gives two cents to help eachother and would rather exploit others for the benefit of themselves.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. No offence here. Your grammar sounds like you are 12, I have an issue believing this story based on that fact.
I believe it. I mean. Miami has more important things to worry about than a stolen iPhone. Their police force is better suited preventing real crime. I live in a medium size city (just under a million citizens) and they won't take a report on a stolen iPhone.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
rvzihf.jpg

Reactions: jhamilton3

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
damn that bites. and guys dont give him crap he is already having a bad day. the facebook part hurts MY feelings.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I believe it. I mean. Miami has more important things to worry about than a stolen iPhone. Their police force is better suited preventing real crime. I live in a medium size city (just under a million citizens) and they won't take a report on a stolen iPhone.

So the fact his grammar sucks and the fact he called it an iPhone 4G didn't hint he was lying to get attention?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
You were going too, but you didn't. It seems to me that should have been the FIRST thing you did was change your insurance. Your phone was stolen, it does happen. I don't know maybe it is just me, but I too purchased an iPhone 4, but I don't expect Apple or AT&T to take any responsibility if it gets stolen. Part of the attraction of MobileMe is being able to find your phone and wipe your data.

No doubt this sucks and no doubt you wish you had done what you intended to do, but you didn't and now it is on you! Life sometimes sucks!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So the fact his grammar sucks and the fact he called it an iPhone 4G didn't hint he was lying to get attention?

I get so sick of the grammar police in these threads. Also there are products on the shelves in retails stores calling the iPhone 4 an iPhone 4G, many people still call it that. It means nothing. I think this likely happened, but I think his misdirected anger needs to be focused on what he did or didn't do.

apsirris

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
First off, If i wanted to go through and fix my grammer I would of, but I'm just trying to get my story out. Yes, it did happen, and yes it was on me, but the police themselves could have helped. Apple, I know for a fact can find my phone. GPS and technology today is very advanced. They would just rather me pay the money to start over. They also said you can choose an insurance company within 30 days. So, why not let me switch insurance like they said I could.

apsirris

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
If you guys have any ideas of helping me track it, that would help. Rater then telling me about my grammer, you could help me out. Any sites, or companies that can track it. I'm calling AT&T tomorrow to give them my serial number. I'm calling Miami Beach Police again to make sure they know it's reported stolen. I'm going to see if AT&T can link the serial with the account holder using the phone right now. He was using my facebook and typing horrible things. So i know there has to be a way to locate him. He wanted to sell me back the IPhone at the price he bought it for, but I couldnt get ahold of him because he was on my facebook. I've typed back a response but he hasn't logged back in to respond. I don't know if he's just saying F it and keeping it for himself. Any Ideas?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
First off, If i wanted to go through and fix my grammer I would of, but I'm just trying to get my story out. Yes, it did happen, and yes it was on me, but the police themselves could have helped. Apple, I know for a fact can find my phone. GPS and technology today is very advanced. They would just rather me pay the money to start over. They also said you can choose an insurance company within 30 days. So, why not let me switch insurance like they said I could.

Ahhh don't worry about the grammar thing!

First of all insurance is a funny thing. You can't intend to get insurance, then your house burn down and expect they are going to let you get insurance after something has already happened. The same applies to this. Do you really expect them to let you switch insurance now after the phone was already stolen?

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I agree with OTACORB. You can't expect the insurance company you "intended" to switch to will replace an already stolen device that they don't cover. Yes, you can add insurance within the first 30 days...BUT you have to have the device in working condition. Otherwise, the insurance company would constantly shelling out money for new devices that someone destroyed within the 30 days and added insurance after the fact.

To have coverage, you needed to have added it before it was stolen. Sorry man, that sucks...live and learn.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
@apsirris

Why not set up a "meet and greet" with this guy and say you'll pay for your phone. Let the Miami police dept. know and arrest him when he shows up. If he is stupid enough to keep using ur sim card and getting into ur facebook acct should be dumb enough to fall for this. Doesn't hurt to try. If it fails, change all ur passwords on everything and accept it's gone and move on. A stolen phone is on the very bottom of the P.D.'s priority list.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The short version, of course, is that no, Apple cannot track your phone. You have already had the account closed so that the thief can no longer make calls with your phone, right?

Next time, be proactive. MobileMe is not the only thing that can track your phone. iHound has been doing it for a while (and is dirt cheap), and recently another one has been available in iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh