Iphone 4 push notifications don't work

taniagz

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello:

I really need help here!! I had an iPhone 3G jailbroken. Push notifications didn't work in that iPhone. Now, I bought the iPhone 4 and what I did was make a backup of my iPhone 3 and then I plugged my new iPhone 4 to itunes and what happened was that now the iPhone 4 has the same freaking problem with the push notifications. I have to say that before I knew this I restored my iphone 3 so now it is not jailbroken I think. So, Am I stuck with an iPhone 4 without push notifications?? What can I do now? Does someone have the same problem as me?

catnfidl

Jul 10, 2010
cattaylor.com
There has been much buzz about push notifications not working on iOS4 in general. It was suggested that one uninstall the app and then reinstall from iTunes. I tried this on my 3GS running iOS4 and am not sure if it worked yet or not, I think it's a problem with the individual apps. Some seem to be working at least, Mashable, Facebook, Push News, News Alert, but I didn't have the problems with the first two and the second two are new.

JhonnyC

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I had a JB 3GS with working push, then purchased an iPhone 4 and I lost almost all of my push. I'm wondering if either of you have found a fix for this.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
try going into the settings and seeing if it turned off?

Settings>>Notifications>> tap individual apps and see what the settings are ON/OFF

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Yep! Restore as new. It's these types of posts that reminds me of why I will not jailbreak this phone. If I wanted the types of problems I would own a different phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner