When can I walki in and buy an iPhone 4?

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When can I walk in and buy an iPhone 4?

Hey guys I just wanted to get insight into when you think a user would be able to walk into an AT&T or Apple store and purchase an iPhone 4 without waiting or having to order.

Anyone have scoop on this?

Last edited:

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys I just wanted to get insight into when you think a user would be able to walk into an AT&T or Apple store and purchase an iPhone 4 without waiting or having to order.

Anyone have scoop on this?

IMO, I would say 6-8 weeks you could walk in and get lucky. 3 months, you should be able to walk in anywhere and pick one up.

iamfudge

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Can you walk in and get your name on a list like the iPad? My dad wanted a 16G Wifi only iPad, they only had the 32GB 3G, so the  store took his number down, and a couple of days later they called him and said one was in, that he had 24hrs to come and purchase it... Anything like that going on with the iPhones? Maybe once the white one is released they will start doing this, or have that thing on the website which shows the stores and what they have in stock. Good luck Xultar.

chadizze

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well I went to AT&T tonight and I knew they would be out but had to try. They said if I were to pre-order it would be about 8 days. I can't seem to get their site to work. It will take me to the upgrade phone selection, but it doesn't load once I hit the iPhone 4 link. Should I just order from the store?

iMarna

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Is it just in certain areas that they're harder to come by? I'm in WA State and happened to walk into a RS, just killing time, on 6/25. I was looking to see what they had in the way of cases for when I did get my iPhone, and the salesman said they had two phones in stock and offered to set me up. I wasn't due for an upgrade until December, so I added an additional line for my son, gave him my old LG phone and came home with an i4 for the discounted price.

AxeMan#IM

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried calling all around the San Antonio and Austin Texas areas today and basically everyone laughed at me. I finally found a really cool guy at an ATT store who hooked me up with an order. He said there are very few places selling to people not on a list and you have to be lucky to get one of those phones. He also said most phones had been coming in around 7 days lately.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My sister put her name in the basket at an AT&T Store on Tuesday of this week and they called her this afternoon telling her to come get it. Let me tell you she about killed herself to get down there. She was so paranoid she tried to keep the girl on the phone till she got there. I was like you are pathetic. LOL She got her phone though! All night long tonight I kept getting calls from her showing off FaceTime to her friends. I was like we are trying to eat (local sports bar that just happens to have Wifi). She was like show us your food. She was like umm that steak looks good! We all just laughed! What a nut! hehehe

We do love our iPhone 4's. :)

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
At my AT&T store they have you pay for it and they order them. It's a priority list and they have been getting the 16gb usually in within 3 days. The 32gb is much harder to come by. My local Best Buy has had a constant trickle.

chadizze

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I live in Fort Wayne, IN. We have at least 3 AT&T stores within a mile of one another and no one has them. My friend from work got LUCKY and went in last week and they had some. I'm a little jealous. If I woulda just pre-order to begin with but I was being indecisive. I will call today and see if they can get me on an order. I'd love to have it before vacation!

dwilk21

May 29, 2010
Visit site
In NYC, Radio Shack was the best place to walk in and get an iPhone 4. They had only 32GB though. Everywhere else you had to get on a waiting list:(

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW