iPhone 4 trade.....wish me luck

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I am so excited to say I found a person on craigslist who is disappointed in their new iphone 4 and wants to trade it for a 3Gs plus a little cash. So, I am going for it, hopefully its not already gone. How much cash on top of my 3Gs (which is only one month old) should I offer him?

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The ad does't mention how many gigs the iphone 4 has. I have the 16GB 3Gs. Here is how the ad reads:

Trade my new iPhone 4 for your old iPhone 3G or 3GS plus Best offer cash
No trades, just make an offer

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I would be careful on this one. Make sure you find out why he didn't want this phone anymore. Craigslist is not one of the most trustworthy places to do business. Make sure you check this one out right.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I would be careful on this one. Make sure you find out why he didn't want this phone anymore. Craigslist is not one of the most trustworthy places to do business. Make sure you check this one out right.

Oh definitely. I asked him in the email to tell me why he no longer wanted the phone. So we will just have to wait and see if he emails me back or not.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
One thing I always do, and I recommend to all who sell electronics on CL, is make a YouTube video showing the device in action. This doesn't help this case, but just a heads up.

As for this case, make sure it isn't an 8 gig 3GS and always meet at a starbucks or something local and gets a lot of traffic.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
The fact that they are ok with the 3G or 3GS is weird. To drop from 4 down to 3G? I'm not sure about this AT ALL. Doesn't sound right.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
The fact that they are ok with the 3G or 3GS is weird. To drop from 4 down to 3G? I'm not sure about this AT ALL. Doesn't sound right.

I know about 2 people who hate their iphone 4 and want to move down to the 3GS. The stories I hear from the people that want to move down is the 3GS was more stable and faster. Of course those people haven?t even given the i4 a chance to be updated or anything. They are just giving up, so I can believe this story about the person wanting to get rid of their i4 for a 3G or 3GS only because I know people myself doing the same thing. Me, personally I?m not going to go thru all the HELL to get the i4 then get rid of it. I love mine too much. Yeah it has problems, but I love it and know the problems won?t last long.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
One thing I always do, and I recommend to all who sell electronics on CL, is make a YouTube video showing the device in action. This doesn't help this case, but just a heads up.

As for this case, make sure it isn't an 8 gig 3GS and always meet at a starbucks or something local and gets a lot of traffic.

Thats true. Being that I would be trading a3Gs and she would be trading the iPhone 4, I would have to meet her at an AT&T store to swap phones due to the difference in sim cards correct?

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I know about 2 people who hate their iphone 4 and want to move down to the 3GS. The stories I hear from the people that want to move down is the 3GS was more stable and faster. Of course those people haven?t even given the i4 a chance to be updated or anything. They are just giving up, so I can believe this story about the person wanting to get rid of their i4 for a 3G or 3GS only because I know people myself doing the same thing. Me, personally I?m not going to go thru all the HELL to get the i4 then get rid of it. I love mine too much. Yeah it has problems, but I love it and know the problems won?t last long.

I hope this is the reason why she wants to trade. And hey, if I can come up on an i4 just because someone doesnt want to give their new phone a chance, I'm all about it.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
My biggest question is why doesn't he just return their iPhone 4...and use the money to buy a 3GS out right. In my area, mint condition 3GS 16 GB are going for under 200. 32 GB are around 300-350. Than he would still have his upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh