Hi all..

I'm new to the forum as a member, but have been "viewing it from afar" for a while now.. LOL.

Anyway, I been looking for people to do FaceTime chats with. I saw some people PMing eachother and stuff, but didn't wanna go through all that trouble.

After searching for a while, came across a website on google called ftfun.com. Has anyone tried it? Even though I found it on google, I'm not sure if its good. I guess it will do a chatroulette kinda thing but you need to log in to access it.

Anyone have any experience with this site? I'm personally kinda skeptical about it but really wanna FaceTime with people..

Thanks,
    OnFaith
    07-08-2010 06:35 PM
    Spam?!!!!!!!! lolol
    07-08-2010 06:38 PM
    No, this is not Spam dude. Read the damn post.

To the OP, why don't you call Apple's facetime hotline? It's free.
    07-08-2010 06:45 PM
    I read it. It kinda of sounded like it to me.....i apologize...no needs to gets pissy
    07-08-2010 06:47 PM
    Ummm... did I say something wrong? I just hate that apple makes you give out your phone number.. On the reg form for this site it asks for it.. I'm just like are they gonna start texting me or something..

I dunno.. guess no one tried it..

Thanks anyway.
    07-08-2010 06:51 PM
    Ummm... did I say something wrong? I just hate that apple makes you give out your phone number.. On the reg form for this site it asks for it.. I'm just like are they gonna start texting me or something..

I dunno.. guess no one tried it..

Thanks anyway.
    No dont mind what i said...anyways...ya Im right there with you..i wouldnt wanna give my phone number either. U should maybe email the site...

LINK to ask them questions..
    Contact Us
    07-08-2010 06:56 PM
    There's another thread from some website that's trying to pair up people who want to try it. But that seems to be the general consensus - no one wants to give out their phone numbers to total strangers.

Just get active in the forums and you'll have plenty of people you can FT with in no time.
    07-08-2010 07:00 PM
    How about if you set yourself up with a free google voice # which would then ring your real #. perhaps that would at lest keep your real number from being known...
    07-08-2010 07:28 PM
    How about if you set yourself up with a free google voice # which would then ring your real #. perhaps that would at lest keep your real number from being known...
    If i could thumbs up u i would...lol...good job on the advice..didnt think of that one...
    07-08-2010 07:31 PM
    That sounds good.. but can you do the true facetime feature that way? i saw something about gvoice on another thread too, but the person that was mentioning never responded to the question of if it works or not..

i'm going to wait till the site posts their faq cuz its blank now.

thanks again.
    07-08-2010 07:52 PM
    I personally will never give out my phone number to chat on facetime it just isnt worth it to me its one thing to give a instant messenger handle or a facebook page but completely different when playing with your phone number
    07-08-2010 08:26 PM
    It sounds pretty cool to be able to FT with a stranger especially if they are in a different country. I'm willing to bet someone will come up with an app where you wont have to give out your number.
    07-08-2010 08:30 PM
    I am sure over the next year or so this will change, but for the time being I find it pretty sad that this great new feature is being used to speak with strangers on random websites... My hope is that eventually it will open up to having video chat with people (friends and family) on their computers.
    07-09-2010 01:40 AM
    And as of yesterday, it is. You can now use Fring to video chat with people on Skype on their computers.
    07-09-2010 09:44 AM
    And as of yesterday, it is. You can now use Fring to video chat with people on Skype on their computers.
    Now where talking!
    07-09-2010 03:01 PM
    There's only a select number of people on this particular site I would FT with. People are right, I am not comfortable having my cell out there with strangers.
    07-09-2010 03:18 PM
    Back to the GV question, has anyone tried to call someone's GV number, which would ring their iPhone 4, and activate FT?

Other question, does Fring need to be running for someone to try and call you? Or does it "push" like a normal phone call?
    07-09-2010 04:48 PM
    speaking of fring, has anyone on here tried it yet?
    07-09-2010 05:37 PM
    Yup. I had less than stellar luck with it, but I know 3-4 people who have used it successfully.

It's free, so you have nothing to lose.
    07-09-2010 10:52 PM
    I have used facetime but don't know about roulette website? can you tell me what is it? I too want to know.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 07-03-2017 at 07:23 AM.
    07-03-2017 05:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD