iPhone 4 White Balance is off?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Anyone noticed some yellowish or blue tints to their pictures?

At work today I needed proof of some documentation, so I took a picture of it ( white paper, in a fluorescent lite room ), and there is a blue hue right in the middle of the image. Wondering if it was just my phone, or just poor lighting, I went to 2 co-workers that also have the iPhone 4 and they all noticed the same thing.

In low lighting, I've noticed that skin tones get yellowed to almost looking jaundiced.

Anyone else see this? Hopefully it's something that can be addressed with a software update.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
This pic was taken with the object on a piece of bright white paper in a room with fluorescent lighting. Does this resemble what you're talking about?

997704f5.jpg

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
That's exactly what I'm seeing, glad I'm not the only one. Whew. I don't remember seeing this on my 3GS and it's already been sent off to the buyer so I can't test it.

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
The yellowing phenomena experienced under low lighting is noticeable on all simple cameras as they are balanced for daylight. Low or artificial light has a high proportion of yellow/orange. The effect is particularly noticeable in tungsten lighting. The use of flash often helps.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The yellowing phenomena experienced under low lighting is noticeable on all simple cameras as they are balanced for daylight. Low or artificial light has a high proportion of yellow/orange. The effect is particularly noticeable in tungsten lighting. The use of flash often helps.

Ok, what about the blue?

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here but we have florescent lights throughout the home. In brighter light, iphone 4 takes great pictures. A white balance adjustment setting would help. Maybe in future releases.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Even if you take pictures with a DSLR you will get a hue under flourescent and tungsten lighting that's why you have to change your white balance accordingly. So it's not a defect, you just don't have a setting to change white balance. So hopefully Apple will put a setting or drop down list with the most common lighting options, or other apps will come out to adress the issue.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I understand how white balance works, but I don't recall having this issue with my 3GS, I took many images of documents for record keeping in my office, and it hasn't changed in 10 yrs except some of the stuff on the desk and my computer and monitors. That's why I brought it up.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73