iphone 4 Email Push? problems

lettierej

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I know im lame using a yahoo email account but thats what ive used for years and had a question regarding push with the iphone4. im coming from a blackberry bold where the email would instantly show up in the inbox but with my iphone4 it doesnt make it. i went a couple days before manually checking my email and found all the messages that never showed up... i have my phone set to push but it doesnt. i recently switched it to fetch every 15 minutes could it be that my yahoo account isnt compatible pushing to the iphone? it seemed to work fine with my blackberry bold does anyone have any suggestions?

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
To my knowledge you would have to set up your email account as an exchange account to get true push. I have two gmail accounts and they are set to push. But it is through IMAP which isn't true push. BlackBerry uses it's own cloud service which enables all emails regardless of what provider to push. That's what RIM is known for.

jourabchid

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
yahoo has push enabled by default...there have been some issues with the i4 and yahoo push.

Mine was down for the last 2 days, but so far this morning its working again.

Guru

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Have not tried Yahoo mail but I know that Gmail seems to work reasonably well with push. It all pushes just maybe not quite as fast as Blackberry but it's bearable. I have my work email forward to my gmail account and it pushes to my phone. I thought Apple would give you an email to use that will work with Push but I guess that is only a Blackberry thing.

lettierej

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
its kinda lame, i now have it on fetch every 15 min and woke up and the email were there i definetly miss my blackberry on this one

Super27

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have two gmail accounts and they are set to push. But it is through IMAP which isn't true push.

This is true if you set up the account using the iPhone's built-in 'Gmail' option. But, if you set it up as an exchange account using the directions on the Gmail help site, it should work as true push just fine.

blakcrp

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
unwanted email address

Once I enter an email address it remains forever even if it is not part of my address book. Then when I try to enter another address it may appear as part of a list. How do I get rid of these unwanted addresses. They are not part of my contacts. I am using yahoo!Mail on an IPhone 4.

BuckyBadg

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Once I enter an email address it remains forever even if it is not part of my address book. Then when I try to enter another address it may appear as part of a list. How do I get rid of these unwanted addresses. They are not part of my contacts. I am using yahoo!Mail on an IPhone 4.

I tried doing this with my last generation email, unsuccessfully. To my knowledge it can't be done without going through the whole "reset" process which is an ordeal and not worth it, at least, to me.

jentrammell

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 4 Outgoing E-mail issues

Problem
The client has an iPhone 4 and is not able to email out of the phone using their own Domain name.
Synopsis
The iPhone user has their own Domain Name and Hosting service that allows them to access email on their Desktop computer. The setting that were automatically configured were 465 with not SSL and this block outgoing email
Resolution
The original setting place on the iPhone where correct except for two setting. The hosting company required port number 587 and SSL authorization to allow the iPhone user to send out using their Domain Name hosted by their ISP. Once these setting were changed the iPhone delivered the email seating in the Outbox.

Shawn Zernik
Internetwork Consulting

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
hi. i'm an android user and i love that my emails (gmail, aol, yahoo) all push immediately. i'm thinking about trying an ios device due to much touted longer battery life. one of my concerns though is possibly having problems with push email. is this going to be an issue? am i not going to have immediate push? and if i do, will that destroy my battery life? thanks.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
hi. i'm an android user and i love that my emails (gmail, aol, yahoo) all push immediately. i'm thinking about trying an ios device due to much touted longer battery life. one of my concerns though is possibly having problems with push email. is this going to be an issue? am i not going to have immediate push? and if i do, will that destroy my battery life? thanks.

You can using exchange and it'll only affect the battery if you get a ton of emails.

Mistress of Mischief

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You can using exchange and it'll only affect the battery if you get a ton of emails.

Mistress of Mischief

and this exchange will work with gmail, yahoo and aol?

also, is there anyway to keep each account in its own folder instead of one big consolidated inbox? i really really hate consolidated inboxes.

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
For push email black berry is best, or otherwise now that you are on iphone, I think you should try some app for this, like the email push app or any other like that, this will I hope help you in having the problem resolved.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2