I hear on a mac you can look at you iphone pic in iPhoto after you sync. Where can i view my pics on my windows 7 pc when my phone in not plugged in? The main reason i want to do this is to keep the pic but take some hd viedos and pics on my phone, im down to 6gig after some pics and video of the holiday weekend Thanks for the help
    07-07-2010 12:35 AM
    You have to do it manually on a pc. When you plug the iPhone in and pop up Wiindows Explorer (the little file icon next to the Start bar), you'll see your iPhone as another drive. All you have to do it open up that drive and then copy (drag/drop) your photos onto your pc's hard drive.
    07-07-2010 12:59 AM
    Alli's right -- but an alternative is if you use software to organize/manage photos (I use Adobe Lightroom), you can import photos as if you'd plugged a camera into your computer. If you don't have something like that, then you have to do it manually like you would with your camera.

Videos I have to do manually as I don't have any software to manage those.

Note -- this is with a 3GS on iOS4, but I expect the iphone4 would behave similarly.
    07-07-2010 08:12 AM
    weak sauce i am gonna have to breack down and get a macbook pro lol thanks guys i wish there was an easy way i dont have lightroom i have a zoom browser from my cannon will that work?
    07-07-2010 12:30 PM
    weak sauce i am gonna have to breack down and get a macbook pro lol thanks guys i wish there was an easy way i dont have lightroom i have a zoom browser from my cannon will that work?
    Well, a cannon might be a bit of overkill... Sorry, couldn't help it.

I don't know if Canon's ZoomBrowser will work. It might; connect your iphone via USB, open up ZoomBrowser, and do whatever you do to import photos. It might not work with non-Canon stuff, but its simple enough to try on your own.
    07-07-2010 03:56 PM
    There are several things that can automate the process for you on a pc. Picasa is one of them. You can set it so that whenever you plug your iPhone in, Picasa automatically opens and imports all the photos. Picasa is free, and works well and dependably...just overkill for me. I found that I frequently had no new photos.
    07-07-2010 04:53 PM
    ok so is picasa for Pc? and when i open windows explorer my videos are all sideways you know a way to rotate videos?
    07-10-2010 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD