Nintendo says it has no plans for iOS, other platforms

By Jesse David Hollington
    Applications Editor, iLounge
    Published: Monday, July 5, 2010

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has indicated that Nintendo will not be bringing any of its games to hardware platforms manufactured by other companies. In responding to a question following a recent investors meeting, Iwata stated Nintendos software and hardware are the same thing, and that Other companies dont share Nintendos values or traditions when it comes to creating devices. He concluded by stating quite emphatically that We are absolutely not thinking of doing that. Although Iwata did not specifically mention Apple, iOS devices or the App Store, the general statement is that Nintendo only plans to release its titles for hardware created by the company itself, maintaining its current closed development model. [via TUAW]

Nintendo says it has no plans for iOS, other platforms | iLounge News

Fresh1
    07-06-2010 08:18 PM
    and? this is a non-story. Nintendo hasn't made anything for non-Nintendo platforms since the days of the CD-I.
    07-06-2010 08:36 PM
    Even then , Nintendo didn't make those horrible CD-I Zelda games. They only let Phillips use the characters, which clearly showed it was not Nintendo quality games.
    07-06-2010 09:16 PM
    I will play devil's advocate on this. Would it be nice if Nintendo offered something lets say ok. What would they offer us other than their in house developed games? They have their own platforms to worry about and from their sales volume they have no interest in the iPhone. Which is fine, does the iPhone need Nintendo, that is the real question.

Its nearly impossible to navigate the app store now, it would be helpful if Apple would put in sub categories so you can find stuff easier or have iOS4 ready & iOS4 tested seperated.
    07-06-2010 09:19 PM
    Apple doesn't need Nintendo , much like Nintendo doesn't need Apple.
    With both companies as competitors , a winner is you ( no pun intended )
    07-06-2010 09:56 PM
    who needs nintendo when u can "hack-your-i" and throw some N64 on it hehehehehe XD

oops!
    07-06-2010 10:45 PM
    its a shame they can make LOTS more money to put into making more new games too. not saying they are broke or anything lol, but that would give them much more money, I would love to be able to play nintendo games on my iphone. I know I can jailbreak, but I am just not ready to do it yet >_O
    07-07-2010 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD