Autocorrect on the iphone4 has been driving me nuts.

With the 3gs you could tap the word and it would remember it. I take it thats gone on the iphone 4 / ios4?

Or am I missing something.

Sorry if its been mentioned already , i searched and could not find anything on this.

Thanks
    07-06-2010 05:55 PM
    everyone with an i4 , no one has a answer ?
    07-07-2010 07:28 AM
    As I recall. After several times of of not choosing the spelling that the iPhone suggested the iPhone would learn. I have not noticed if this was true for the iPhone 4 yet. Because it takes several times. AT&T AT&T AT&T I just tried it and it seems to still learn.
    07-07-2010 08:26 AM
    With the 3gs you could tap the word and it would remember it. I take it thats gone on the iphone 4 / ios4?

Or am I missing something.
    'Fraid you are missing something! On the 3GS, as has been said, it would "learn" a word after it had been typed a few times. Apart from the addition of the dictionary, nothing's changed on the iPhone 4.
    07-07-2010 09:12 AM
    Tap a word to remember it? Tapping a word does nothing but bring up the option box (select, select all). If you're in the middle of typing a word and the word option box comes up and you tap it, that means you don't want that word.
    07-07-2010 10:02 AM
    I have found when typing that if it tries to auto-correct it and I tap the screen, I may need to do this several times, but eventually it will remember. In fact now my auto-correct actually tries to correct using my words. So, it works just fine! You just have to be patient and consistent with it till it learns.
    07-07-2010 11:00 AM
    Just add it to the custom dictionary. See if
    that works.
    07-07-2010 11:04 AM
    Just add it to the custom dictionary. See if
    that works.
    You only get this option if you add another language like Japanese or Chinese. Then the words you add on work for those languages not English. So this won't work!
    07-07-2010 11:10 AM
    Just as in previous OS's, tapping the "x" to close the autocorrect suggestion slowly but surely teaches it. But it does take more than once.
    07-07-2010 11:20 AM
    Um Duvi... dumb question here, but custom dictionary?
    07-09-2010 09:24 PM
    Um Duvi... dumb question here, but custom dictionary?
    Again there is no customer dictionary for English. It is only for certainly languages. You have to add one of these international keyboards and it will give you the option to add custom words. However, the customer dictionary only works with those languages not English.
    07-10-2010 02:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD