iv put the new one on and its slowed the hole thing down and it keeps getting stuck so i want the old one back . when i try to restore on itunes it always come back as the OS 4 again .

so im stuck . what you you reckon ? cheers d
    07-05-2010 04:23 PM
    iv put the new one on and its slowed the hole thing down and it keeps getting stuck so i want the old one back . when i try to restore on itunes it always come back as the OS 4 again .

so im stuck . what you you reckon ? cheers d
    Unless you were jailbroken and had your SHSH on file with Cydia you're stuck with iOS4 there is no way to downgrade
    07-05-2010 04:30 PM
    bloody hell . thats **** . apple have ****ed my phone then and there sod all i can do

thanks for reply mate .
    07-05-2010 04:32 PM
    I can't post links here yet, so Google the exact phrase below and it's the top choice:

Downgrade iPhone 3G OS 4.0 to 3.1.3 or lower dushmis
    07-05-2010 04:37 PM
    cheers , has anyone done it ? coments on there about not being able to restore stuff after , is that a problem ?

thanks d
    07-05-2010 04:51 PM
    from what i've been reading it's been a hit & miss ordeal

all i can tell you is to read up on it as much as possible before you do it, otherwise just wait it out until the next build comes out, which could be within a few weeks

not sure why yours is so slow...
    i've been on iOS 4 for a while now, and i'm jailbroken, and the speed is decent, for a 3G anyways
    07-05-2010 05:37 PM
    There's a search function on the forum. Use it.

http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-forum/1...ios-3-0-a.html
    07-05-2010 08:36 PM
    Everything I've read says if you are at iOS4 and you are having problems, do a total restore and set the phone up like a new one. Dozens have said this totally improved their speed. I did the restore from the get go on our old 3G and it works just fine, I see no major lagging or anything.

I think going back to 3.13 is problematic. It can be done, but in some cases it has been reported that folks have bricked their phones. I wouldn't take the chance, but that is me.
    07-05-2010 10:06 PM
    Unless you were jailbroken and had your SHSH on file with Cydia you're stuck with iOS4 there is no way to downgrade
    This person is trying to downgrade a 3G, not a 3Gs. The 3G does not have SHSH files nor are the firmwares signed by Apple.
    07-06-2010 08:20 AM
    There's a search function on the forum. Use it.

http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-forum/1...ios-3-0-a.html
    excuse me .........................
    07-06-2010 11:54 AM
    Everything I've read says if you are at iOS4 and you are having problems, do a total restore and set the phone up like a new one. Dozens have said this totally improved their speed. I did the restore from the get go on our old 3G and it works just fine, I see no major lagging or anything.

I think going back to 3.13 is problematic. It can be done, but in some cases it has been reported that folks have bricked their phones. I wouldn't take the chance, but that is me.
    cheers for advise , sorry but i know how to do that ethier , is that in itunes ? once iv done a total restore can i then get all my stuff back from my itune ?

cheers for help d
    07-06-2010 11:56 AM
    cheers for advise , sorry but i know how to do that ethier , is that in itunes ? once iv done a total restore can i then get all my stuff back from my itune ?

cheers for help d
    Yes you do this from iTunes. Start iTunes, connect your phone. When you phone comes up in iTunes. You'll see Update or Restore. Click on Restore. This will then wipe the phone and install the iOS4 clean. Once it comes back up, it will ask you rather to restore from a backup or setup as a new phone. Set it up as a new phone. Then, go back and add your apps, music, movies, tv shows etc. This will insure you have a really clean install and nothing problematic has been copied over from an old backup.

Let us know how it works out for you! By the way I am not making any promises on this. Just telling you what I've experienced and several friends, family and co-workers that have handed down their 3G phones.
    07-06-2010 12:02 PM
    ok mate thanks . i will do it now and let you know soon as i do wish me luck !!
    07-06-2010 12:09 PM
    hang on . soon as i start it asks if i want to back up setting ? do i ?
    07-06-2010 12:12 PM
    so its in and iv lost all my contacts and some important note , have they gone forever ? HELP
    07-06-2010 01:13 PM

did this as well so i can only assume that is why i haven't really had any issues like i have been reading about
    07-06-2010 01:18 PM
    so its in and iv lost all my contacts and some important note , have they gone forever ? HELP
    so wait... you didn't have backups of your contact list anywhere? they weren't sync'd with your desktop address book, or via MobileMe or Google Exchange?
    07-06-2010 01:20 PM
    well a didn't know i didn't but a guess i didn't . i had a new xp on the pc a few months ago after a crash and i guess if lost them in that .

im now trying to restore to old setting , will that bring my contacts back ? then i can save them and start again , what do you reckon ?
    07-06-2010 01:24 PM
    well a didn't know i didn't but a guess i didn't . i had a new xp on the pc a few months ago after a crash and i guess if lost them in that .

im now trying to restore to old setting , will that bring my contacts back ? then i can save them and start again , what do you reckon ?
    a restore will bring back old settings, though I am not sure how well 3.1.3 will deal with settings that were backed up via 4.0
    07-06-2010 01:26 PM
    well im restoring to an 28th june so hope my contacts come back with that .
    07-06-2010 01:30 PM
    i have my contacts and txeds back but i don't understand how to back them up . if i tick windows address book will it save them somewhere when i sync ?

then once i do a total restore will it it sync them back after ?
    07-06-2010 01:39 PM
    i have my contacts and txeds back but i don't understand how to back them up . if i tick windows address book will it save them somewhere when i sync ?

then once i do a total restore will it it sync them back after ?
    Contacts you want to sync with either Windows Mail, or Outlook or even Google if you want to set that up as an exchange account.

Texts are ONLY backed up when you do a backup of the phone. You cannot back them up individually or sync them.
    07-06-2010 01:44 PM
    Contacts you want to sync with either Windows Mail, or Outlook or even Google if you want to set that up as an exchange account.

Texts are ONLY backed up when you do a backup of the phone. You cannot back them up individually or sync them.
    you CAN back up text messages if you use the proper app. I know there are Mac apps that allow SMS backups, not sure on Windows.
    07-06-2010 01:46 PM
    its now backing up with outlook . tbo i dont know what outlook is . iv herd of outlook express but i dont use it . will my contacts now be backed up and get back able after a total restore ?

cheers for everyone help
    07-06-2010 01:54 PM
    if you have a google account you're not too far away from a simple and fast way to sync/backup contacts and calendar events

you can add/remove contacts without having to plug into your pc

Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help
    07-06-2010 02:01 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD