so iv got the new OS on my 3g but want to go back to the old one - how ?

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
i have my contacts and txeds back but i don't understand how to back them up . if i tick windows address book will it save them somewhere when i sync ?

then once i do a total restore will it it sync them back after ?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
i have my contacts and txeds back but i don't understand how to back them up . if i tick windows address book will it save them somewhere when i sync ?

then once i do a total restore will it it sync them back after ?

Contacts you want to sync with either Windows Mail, or Outlook or even Google if you want to set that up as an exchange account.

Texts are ONLY backed up when you do a backup of the phone. You cannot back them up individually or sync them.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Contacts you want to sync with either Windows Mail, or Outlook or even Google if you want to set that up as an exchange account.

Texts are ONLY backed up when you do a backup of the phone. You cannot back them up individually or sync them.

you CAN back up text messages if you use the proper app. I know there are Mac apps that allow SMS backups, not sure on Windows.

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
its now backing up with outlook . tbo i dont know what outlook is . iv herd of outlook express but i dont use it . will my contacts now be backed up and get back able after a total restore ?

cheers for everyone help :)

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
ok iv just set up a google account but am now on about restore no. 4 to go back to when i had my contacts again as the outlook think dont seem to do it even though i can see the numbers in outlook express

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
still confused . iv got the google exchange account in the phone now but i cant see how to make it back up to the google account and cant see anything in the account when i go to it on the pc . bloody thing

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
while your in your gmail account click on contacts; if you see them on your pc and your device then they are backed up.
every time you make a change, whether its on the pc or device, they will sync with each other

sometimes google sync has delays, don't worry

most importantly, "read-read-read" before you do anything

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
my phone wont connect with gmail . tells me the passwords rong but it is not , iv had a guts full of this .

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
my phone wont connect with gmail . tells me the passwords rong but it is not , iv had a guts full of this .

Keep trying this is a security measure that Google uses. Once you keep trying it will eventually go through. I went through this one night and it drove me crazy. It will just start working! Strange!

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
well iv done it about 40 time . i can get to it from safari or what ever but the phone says the pass words wrong . i give up . all i want is to be able to back up my contacts . wy itune cant do it its self is beoned me . sodding apple

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Everything I've read says if you are at iOS4 and you are having problems, do a total restore and set the phone up like a new one. Dozens have said this totally improved their speed. I did the restore from the get go on our old 3G and it works just fine, I see no major lagging or anything.

I think going back to 3.13 is problematic. It can be done, but in some cases it has been reported that folks have bricked their phones. I wouldn't take the chance, but that is me.

well after a lot of dicking about it with backing up contacts it does seem the phone is working better after a total restore , thanks for that OTACOBA :)

finngirl

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
You have more patience than I!

I went to the Genius Bar last night and since I still have Apple Care on my 3G, they swapped my upgraded 3G for a 3.1.3 new refurb.

They said that iOS4.1 will fix the lag; but he didn't know when it would come out.

I am very happy to be back at 3.1.3 - in fact I will probably leave it here so when I upgrade to the 4, I can sell it as this version.

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
so far the new one is really good . its was only the co0ntact stuff that made it a head ache ,. i still don't really get it but have managed some how , fingers crossed it keep going well or il have to go and buy a 4 :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox